India is set to lock horns with England in the fifth and final Test match starting from 1st July, Friday. The last match of the five-match Test series played in 2021 was postponed owing to the Covid-19 outbreak. Team India is leading the series by 2-1.
The match is scheduled to be played at Edgbaston, Birmingham from 1st July to 5th July.
Here is how team India has performed over years at Edgbaston
India has never won a single Test at this venue to date. In the upcoming match, the Jasprit Bumrah-led team will want to register their maiden Test victory.
- Match 1, 1967– England beat India by 132 runs
- Match 2, 1974 – England beat India by an innings and 78 runs
- Match 3, 1979 – England beat India by an innings and 83 runs
- Match 4, 1986 – Match drawn
- Match 5, 1996 – England beat India by 8 wickets
- Match 6, 2011 – England beat India by an innings and 242 runs
- Match 7, 2018 – England beat India by 31 runs
India's tour of England comprises of three T20Is, three ODIs, and one Test match.
Team India: Shubman Gill, Virat Kohli, Shreyas Iyer, Hanuma Vihari, Srikar Bharat, Ravindra Jadeja, Ravichandran Ashwin, Shardul Thakur, Mohammed Shami, Mohammed Siraj, Umesh Yadav, Cheteshwar Pujara, Rishabh Pant, Jasprit Bumrah, Prasidh Krishna
Team England: Ben Stokes, James Anderson, Jonny Bairstow, Sam Billings, Stuart Broad, Harry Brook, Zak Crawley, Ben Foakes, Jack Leach, Alex Lees, Craig Overton, Jamie Overton, Matty Potts, Ollie Pope, Joe Root