Flower told a news conference Monday he won't be quitting after England's series whitewash and he believes captain Alastair Cook is still the right man to lead the test team.
The ex-Zimbabwe test batsman said he is prepared to make the hard decisions necessary to allow England to rebuild after a series mauling which ended with its 281-run loss inside three days in the fifth test.
Flower wouldn't discuss the cases of individual players but his promise of a fresh start has been interpreted as suggesting the positions of some senior players, notably Kevin Pietersen, may be under threat.
From Our Network
- ‘#FailedModiDiplomacy’: Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at PM Modi over NSG membership bid
- Brexit fallout: Scotland mulls independence from UK, Londoners demand separate country
- Down but not defeated: Kapil Sharma’s show scores high in TRP report card
- Won’t Keep an Account of Our Bullets if Pak Fires First, says Rajnath on Pampore attack
- Delhi-NCR tops list of India's most funded startup cities