Flower told a news conference Monday he won't be quitting after England's series whitewash and he believes captain Alastair Cook is still the right man to lead the test team.
The ex-Zimbabwe test batsman said he is prepared to make the hard decisions necessary to allow England to rebuild after a series mauling which ended with its 281-run loss inside three days in the fifth test.
Flower wouldn't discuss the cases of individual players but his promise of a fresh start has been interpreted as suggesting the positions of some senior players, notably Kevin Pietersen, may be under threat.
From Our Network
- A.R. Rahman to Arjit Singh: Salman Khan’s bad blood with musicians is not new. Here’s proof
- In India, alcohol kills a person every 96 minutes
- Salman’s ‘Sultan’ on same lines as SRK’s Chak De! India’. Here’s the proof!
- Second 'ad-wrapped' Metro train ready to hit tracks in Delhi
- Aha Love! Ash just did Q&A on Twitter and hubby Abhishek had a really important query