Kehar Singh and Satwant Singh, assassins of then prime minister Indira Gandhi were hanged inside the jail in 1989.
Afzal Guru is the seventh man hanged inside the prison since 1981, a Tihar Jail official told IANS. Guru was hanged at 8 a.m. Saturday.
In 1982, Ranga and Billa were executed for kidnapping and murdering two minors, Geeta Chopra and her younger brother Sanjay.
Maqbool Bhat of the Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front was executed in 1984 while Jugar Singh was hanged inside the jail in 1985 in the murder case of Vidya Jain.
In 1989, both the assassins of Indira Gandhi were executed by the famous hangman, 'Kalu', a resident of Meerut in Uttar Pradesh. He was paid Rs.150 for carrying out the execution process.
From Our Network
- Know about Ranjit Katyal “ The man who saved 1.7 Lakh Indian in Kuwait
- Chart prepared! Don't worry, you can still book train tickets
- ISIS executes 250 women for refusing to be sex slaves: Report
- Haryana government rechristens Gurgaon as Gurugram, Mewat as Nuh
- Kashmir firing: Death toll mounts to 3, curfew imposed in Handwara town
- Why doesn’t farmers’ suicide trouble you as much as Pratyusha’s, asks Nana Patekar
- 'Find Your Beautiful': Radhika Apte explains real meaning of beauty
- Actor Harshvardhan Rane finds it challenging to romance three heroines in 'Maaya'
- Shah Rukh Khan is really impressed with his 'Raees' co-stars
- Kapil Sharma returns tonight: 5 reasons that make the first episode special