Condemning the London terror attack near British Parliament while killed five people and left several injured, Prime Minister Narendra Modi sent out his condolences to those who lost their lives.
In a couple of tweets on Thursday morning, PM Modi said that he was deeply saddened by the attacks and assured that India stood by UK in times of difficulty.
“Deeply saddened by the terror attack in London. Our thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families,” tweeted PM Modi.
Deeply saddened by the terror attack in London. Our thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families.— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) March 23, 2017
“At this difficult moment, India stands with UK in the fight against terrorism,” he added.
Meanwhile, External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj on Wednesday night said that there is no report of any Indian casualty so far in the London terror attack near the UK Parliament.
Five people were killed and nearly 40 injured after a suspected Islamist-inspired attacker went on a deadly rampage neat the British Parliament.
Sushma Swaraj further said that Indian High Commission is there to help all Indian nationals in London.
“I am in constant touch with Indian High Commission in London. There is no Indian casualty reported so far,” Sushma Swaraj tweeted.
“Indian High Commission is there to help all Indian nationals in London,” she added.
The Foreign minister also released two numbers of Indian High Commission's Public Response Unit for people who needed any help or information.
The numbers are 020 8629 5950 and 020 7632 3035.
Indian High Commission is there to help all Indian nationals in London. Please note theTelephone no.s : 020 8629 5950 & 020 7632 3035.— Sushma Swaraj (@SushmaSwaraj) March 22, 2017
Meanwhile, the Indian High Commission in London has advised people to avoid visiting Parliament Square and check Metropolitan Police website for further details on the attack.
It was the deadliest attack in London since four British Islamists killed 52 commuters and themselves in suicide bombings on the city’s transport system in July 2005, in London’s worst peacetime attack.