With the recovery of the body, which has been identified as belonging to Raj Narayan, 10 of the 12 killed in Rangma, about 4 KMs beyond Chungthang towards Lachen, have thus been retrieved.
Twenty people have lost their lives in a series of landslides in and around Chungthang following torrential rains.
Of them, four ITBP personnel were killed at Pegong, three of the GMW company at the Teesta Stage III dam site, one at Kalapathar above Chungthang and 12 in the Rangma Range.
The rescue team comprised ITBP, GREF and Army personnel, district officials, Zilla Adhyaksha and local people.
The GMW company has begun excavation at the Teesta dam site slide area.
Two of its employees Bishvanath Ram and Amar Jeet Singh were feared killed and believed to be buried under the debris at the site.
From Our Network
- Ecuador death toll rises to 654, over 100 rescued
- Beijing plans floating nuclear platform in South China Sea: Report
- The master spy, Ajit Doval, went on secret mission to Iraq
- Pak constructs hi-tech bunkers along Rajasthan border, India protests
- How Bajirao's Mastani united Hindus and Muslims after her death
- Kapil Sharma vs Bajirao Mastani: Who won the battle of TRP’s last Saturday?
- Best Boyfriend Ever: Virat Kohli is making special plans to amaze Anushka on her birthday!
- Decoded: How Anant Ambani lost 108 kg in 18 months (Watch Video)
- US: Drunk Indian-origin lady doctor fired after video of her attacking Uber driver goes viral
- This never seen pic of Hrithik and Kangana is proof that Duggu had relations with Queen