“Maharajji did not want me to see as the Chief Minister of Uttarakhand. As I have lost the race for the post, he should be happy for the fact,” Rawat told reporters here.
Rawat was commenting on the reported statement of Maharaj that Bahuguna is giving plum posts to Rawat loyalists more than his supporters.
Rawat congratulated Bahuguna on winning the trust vote in the assembly and appealed to opposition BJP to end their protest and participate in the assembly proceedings.
To a question, Rawat said he has come here at the invitation of Bahuguna who wanted him to be present during the trust vote.
However, he refused to comment when asked whether he has withdrawn his resignation as union minister.
From Our Network
- Former IAF chief S P Tyagi cracks, admits meeting Finnmeccanica officials
- World War II bomb defused in Munich
- How Bajirao's Mastani united Hindus and Muslims after her death
- US panel wants Pak on list for religious freedom violations
- Bottled fresh air of Canada in pollution hit India soon, to cost Rs 12.50 per breath
- Adorable! Ranveer Singh calls Deepika Padukone ‘meri wali’
- IPL: 8 hottest female anchors
- Rahul Gandhi as UP CM candidate: Prashant Kishor trying to kill two birds with one stone?
- Shah Rukh Khan is really impressed with his 'Raees' co-stars
- Astrologer had predicted Kangana would have demonic influence in her life on Salman’s show