“Maharajji did not want me to see as the Chief Minister of Uttarakhand. As I have lost the race for the post, he should be happy for the fact,” Rawat told reporters here.
Rawat was commenting on the reported statement of Maharaj that Bahuguna is giving plum posts to Rawat loyalists more than his supporters.
Rawat congratulated Bahuguna on winning the trust vote in the assembly and appealed to opposition BJP to end their protest and participate in the assembly proceedings.
To a question, Rawat said he has come here at the invitation of Bahuguna who wanted him to be present during the trust vote.
However, he refused to comment when asked whether he has withdrawn his resignation as union minister.
From Our Network
- Maruti Suzuki to recall 75419 Baleno cars and 1961 DZire cars
- Markets, bank deposits or gold: Where do govternment’s top ministers invest their money?
- Pranab Mukherjee recalls Indian support to China's UN membership
- Haryana govt to recover losses caused due to Vadra land deals
- Kajol & Ajay Devgn: An enduring love affair