Karnal, Feb 8: A teenaged wrestler was seriously injured after he was allegedly pushed out of a moving train by some unidentified passengers following a quarrel near Karnal in Haryana.
Eighteen-year-old Lokesh Kumar, who has won medals in some national tournaments, was pushed out from the train near Karnal while he was travelling to Sonepat, police sources said today, adding the incident occurred on Monday evening on Ambala-Sonepat rail section.
He has suffered multiple injuries in head, arms and legs, and his condition is stated to be serious, they said.
The sources said that Kumar, who is currently enrolled at Sports Authority of India's Chaudhary Devi Lal Stadium in Sonepat's Bahalgarh, had made a brief statement to the Government Railway Police before falling unconscious.
He is currently admitted at a private hospital in Karnal, 130 kms from Chandigarh, and is yet to regain consciousness, the sources said.
Giving details of the incident, the sources said that Kumar had asked for some space to stand in the crowded train after which some students entered into a quarrel with the wrestler.
Kumar is said to have been pushed out of the train by them, the sources said, adding the exact sequence of events will become clear once the victim gives his statement.
In April last year, national-level volleyball player Arunima Sinha alias Sonu, 23, lost her leg after being pushed out of a moving train near Bareilly in Uttar Pradesh.
From Our Network
- IPL 2016: Rejuvenated Delhi Daredevils take on struggling Pune tomorrow
- Leicester City wins EPL title for first time in 132-year history
- IPL 2016: Dhoni-led Supergiants begin road to recovery with win over Hyderabad
- Pak all-rounder Abdul Razzaq blames former coach Waqar for team’s downfall
- Spectators sing the birthday tune for Virat Kohli in Mohali
- Is this the actual reason behind Sushant Singh Rajput and Ankita Lokhande’s break-up?
- Did Daddy David stop Varun Dhawan from living-in with girlfriend Natasha?
- KRK has something to say about Karan Singh Grover’s third marriage with Bipasha Basu
- Shiv Sena's alliance with BJP for Hindutva, not power: Uddhav Thackeray
- Rahul Gandhi bought 2 shops at market rates: Emaar MGF