Assam wildlife officials said that the incident happened in Koroibari along the Batabari Forest Range where the 2 elephants came into contact with a live electric fence installed around a paddy field.
The incident happened at Milki-Atgama in the English Bazar police station area, they said.
The incident took place at Mahua Jhala village, about 42 km from district headquarters, while construction work of a septic tank was underway, Bijawar police station in-charge Mukesh Singh Thakur said.
Heavy rain lashed the metropolis and some other districts of West Bengal, a day after cyclone 'Yaas' wreaked havoc in several places
Raju and Mallika had gone to catch fish in the pond and accidentally stamped on the wire leading to instant death, the police said.
The incident took place at Indlabele in Anekal Taluk on Wednesday where the groundbreaking ceremony of a multi-storey residential building was held.
Two labourers were electrocuted and five sustained injuries on Monday while repairing a water pipeline in Mumbai''s Suman Nagar area, a civic official said.
Two male makhana elephants died of electrocution inside the Bannerghatta National Park (BNP) on the outskirts of Bengaluru, police said on Sunday.
Vikas Tyagi was an assistant professor in the Department of Physics, Bhaskaracharya College of Applied Sciences, DU, and is survived by his wife, a 12-year-old daughter and a 5-year-old son.
An elephant was killed in a village in Dharamjaigarh of Raigarh district on June 16, after getting electrocuted.
A 30-year-old priest was electrocuted to death inside the sanctum sanctorum of the famous Basukinath temple in Dumka on Wednesday, the police said.
Six people including five children were electrocuted to death at a house in Loni, Ghaziabad. On the other hand 6 people die after a car fell into canal in Greater Noida. The accident took place due to dense fog.
Six members of a family were electrocuted to death after a short-circuit at a house in Uttar Pradesh's Ghaziabad on Monday.
The mother of the Thai man said she tried to wake her son by yelling his name and poking him, but he did not respond. Police officers who arrived at the spot pronounced the man dead from suspected electric shock.