Coronavirus Outbreak Updates: March 24, 2019 | As it happened
- "Do not panic and create a rush, the government is thinking of providing a 3-month supply of foodgrains to poorer sections of society," says Ajit Pawar, Deputy CM of Maharashtra.
- Want to know what stays open during the national lockdown? Click here to read
- Mumbai Police assured an uninterrupted supply of essential items. Click here to read the story
- "Nobody needs to panic," says Amit Shah,
मैं समस्त देशवासियों को आश्वस्त करता हूँ कि लॉकडाउन के समय देश में आवश्यक चीजों की कोई कमी नहीं होगी।— Amit Shah (@AmitShah) March 24, 2020
केंद्र सरकार सभी राज्य सरकारों के साथ मिलकर इसके लिए पर्याप्त प्रयास कर रही है।
किसी को भी घबराने की ज़रूरत नहीं है, इस लड़ाई में पूरा देश एक साथ है। https://t.co/4n0JCsTuZb
- Indian Council of Medical Research has said that total number of coronavirus cases has risen to 536.
- Panic buying ensues minutes after the announcement of national lockdown. Click Here to read more.
- PM Modi announces nationwide lockdown from midnight.
- Punjab CM asks District Collectors to ensure home delivery of milk and vegetables.
- Tokyo Olympic postponed by one year due to coronavirus pandemic. Click here to read more
- Anti-CAA demonstration at Aligarh Muslim University halted in light of coronavirus outbreak.
- Click here to read complete account of what Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal said in his address.
- Arvind Kejriwal appealed people to help doctors, airline staff and asked them to refrain from mistreating them out of fear of infection.
- "There are 30 coronavirus cases in Delhi, number of those recovered is 7," says Kejriwal.
- "Nobody should remain hungry," says Arvind Kejriwal.
- "No new coronavirus case in Delhi in last 40 hours," says Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Coronavirus-centric G-20 Summit will take place via video conference. Click here to read full story
- Uttarakhand High Court has instructed subordinate courts in the state to remain closed from March 26 to April 4. If a matter is urgent, district judge will decide on the urgency of the matter.
- Maneka Gandhi has appealed people to collect dog feeder passes from police if they want to feed dogs.
Any dog feeder can go to their district DCP office in delhi and get a feeder pass. Please start today as only 50 passes are being given per district.— Maneka Sanjay Gandhi (@Manekagandhibjp) March 24, 2020
- There will be complete lockdown in West Bengal on 5 pm on Tuesday: Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee
- Three new coronavirus cases found in Phillaur city of Jalandhar District
- Three people have tested positive for #coronavirus in Tamil Nadu. All have a history of foreign travel. Total COVID-19 positive cases in the state now stands at 15.
- Odisha announces complete lockdown, Sikkim follows
- Three new COVID-19 cases in Telangana; Total mounts to 36
- UP govt decides to extend lockdown to the entire state to check the spread of coronavirus, duration to be announced shortly: Official
- US President Donald Trump has indicated that he is unlikely to follow the suggestion of his medical advisors on a complete shutdown to tackle the coronavirus outbreak as he said such a move would have tremendous repercussions on the country's economy.
- Coronavirus spreading to family members of foreign returnees: MoS Home Affairs
- Curfew imposed in Himachal Pradesh's Kangra district to fight coronavirus outbreak
- 65-year-old man dies in Mumbai due to coronavirus
- Myanmar reports first coronavirus cases
- Two more people test positive for coronavirus in West Bengal
- FIR against Coca Cola factory in Himachal Pradesh for operating in violation of lockdown order
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi to address the nation at 8 PM today
- Odisha Government has decided to lockdown the entire state (all 30 districts) from today midnight till March 29
- Election Commission of India (ECI) has deferred the Rajya Sabha elections in wake of coronavirus
- Sonia Gandhi writes to PM Modi on COVID-19. The letter states, "I request you to consider advising the State Building&Other Construction Worker's Welfare Boards to roll out emergency welfare measures, particularity wage support to construction workers."
- China’s Hubei province, the epicentre of COVID-19, to ease travel restrictions from March 25
- 32 states, Union Territories announce complete lockdown covering 560 districts
- Tamil Nadu Assembly members at the assembly today clapped for a minute expressing gratitude towards health department, police and all other departments working amid Coronavirus pandemic
- US President Donald Trump has confirmed that his wife and First Lady, Melania Trump has tested negative for the novel coronavirus
- Four new coronavirus positive cases have been reported in Uttar Pradesh taking the tally to 33 in the state
- 23-year-old woman in Manipur tests positive for coronavirus. She has recent travel history to the UK
- 2 new positive cases of coronavirus in Gujarat. Total, number of Coronavirus patients in the state rise to 33
- A domestic air passenger arrested in Kochi for allegedly refusing to follow preventive instructions for coronavirus
- Delhi Police makes use of drone near Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI) protest site to monitor the situation in the area
#WATCH Delhi Police makes use of drone near Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI) protest site to monitor the situation in the area, amid complete lockdown in Delhi. Police cleared the protest site earlier today, in wake of #COVID19. https://t.co/e8lGvWX3pR pic.twitter.com/26RUh5PCxa— ANI (@ANI) March 24, 2020
- Total number of positive Coronavirus cases in Maharashtra rises to 101 including 3 new cases in Pune and 1 in Satara
- COVID-19 positive cases in India rise to 492
- Uttar Pradesh: Moradabad locals crowd wholesale market, even as the district has been placed under lockdown due to rising cases of coronavirus
- Vadodara placed under complete lockdown as the state has reported 30 positive cases of coronavirus
— ANI (@ANI) March 24, 2020
- Kerala District Collector of Ernakulam issues prohibitory orders under Section 144 of CrPc for the district
- Italy reports lowest daily percentage growth of cases in four days
- New York becomes epicenter of US pandemic
- US reports 139 COVID-19 deaths in a day, Trump signs executive order to prevent medical supplies hoarding
- Over 1,000 cases against lockdown violators in Delhi
- Florida imposes self-quarantine for visitors flying from New York
- Noida police registered 96 FIRs, while 1995 vehicles were challaned for violating the lockdown and section 144 in the district, yesterday
- Punjab: People come out of their homes to buy essential goods in Amritsar, amid lockdown in the state
Punjab: People come out of their homes to buy essential goods in Amritsar, amid lockdown in the state. A buyer at a milk shop says,"Govt has taken the right step to control the spread of #COVID19. But govt must specify the time when shops selling essential goods will remain open" pic.twitter.com/4Um4jPG98c— ANI (@ANI) March 24, 2020
- Curfew to remain imposed in Bhopal and Jabalpur today
- UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres calls for an immediate global ceasefire in all corners of the world. "It is time to put armed conflict on lockdown and focus together on true fight of our lives, pull back from hostilities and put aside mistrust and animosities," he says
- Strictly implementing social distancing measures like home quarantine will reduce overall expected number of cases by 62% and peak number of cases by 89%, thus 'flattening' the curve and providing more opportunities for interventions: Indian Council of Medical Research study
- Inter-state borders of Delhi have been sealed by Police except for the movement of essential goods and services
Inter-state borders of Delhi have been sealed by Police except for the movement of essential goods and services. Visuals from Delhi-Gurugram Expressway that has been barricaded to regulate the movement of people. #COVID19 pic.twitter.com/nhbYIKrlSK— ANI (@ANI) March 23, 2020
- Sanitization activities were undertaken by the administration in Imphal to contain the spread of coronavirus
Manipur: Sanitization activities were undertaken by the administration in Imphal to contain the spread of #COVID19. A lockdown has been imposed in the state till 31st March in the wake of the Coronavirus pandemic. (23.03.20) pic.twitter.com/5ncZVsnZjO— ANI (@ANI) March 23, 2020
- All 16 samples from Ladakh whose reports came yesterday (22nd March) tested negative for COVID-19. 12 were from Kargil and 4 from Leh
- All private medical colleges and hospitals in Uttarakhand that have a capacity of 100 or more beds are directed to reserve 25% of their beds for COVID-19 positive or possibly infected cases