“We are hopeful of a positive solution to the crisis. However, nothing can be said at this moment,” Melchiori told reporters after meeting Chief Secretary B K Patnaik and Home Secretary U N Behera.
He said Italian government was concerned about the safety of its nationals Paolo Bosusco and Claudio Colangelo in Maoist captivity for 10 days now and expressed satisfaction over the state government's attempt to resolve the crisis.
“The Chief Minister has recently briefed the media about the situation. Therefore, we are hopeful of solving the crisis,” Melchori said.
Melchiori has been camping in the state capital here since the Italian nationals were taken hostage by Maoists on March 14 from Kandhamal district.
From Our Network
- Know about Ranjit Katyal “ The man who saved 1.7 Lakh Indian in Kuwait
- Chart prepared! Don't worry, you can still book train tickets
- ISIS executes 250 women for refusing to be sex slaves: Report
- Haryana government rechristens Gurgaon as Gurugram, Mewat as Nuh
- Now job reservations in private sector also ?
- Why doesn’t farmers’ suicide trouble you as much as Pratyusha’s, asks Nana Patekar
- 'Find Your Beautiful': Radhika Apte explains real meaning of beauty
- Actor Harshvardhan Rane finds it challenging to romance three heroines in 'Maaya'
- Shah Rukh Khan is really impressed with his 'Raees' co-stars
- Kapil Sharma returns tonight: 5 reasons that make the first episode special