The social media giant, Facebook has rolled out a new feature for Messenger called the 'Remove for Everyone' by which users will be able to 'unsend' or delete the message, just like WhatsApp. The new feature, for now, has been rolled out for users in Lithuania, Bolivia, Poland, and Colombia. This new feature will be up for both Android and iOS users. This feature has been rolled out after it was tested on Mark Zuckerberg’s personal chats, earlier this year.
With the 'Remove for Everyone' feature users will have a time limit of 10 minutes to delete the message. The message is being rolled out in a phased manner and will soon be available for everyone.
In case you are wondering how it works, the following steps will help you use this feature once you receive it.
Steps to follow-
- To begin with, open the Messenger app on the smartphone.
- Now go to the chat window, where you would want to delete the message from.
- Go and select the message, followed by pressing and holding it for some time.
- Once selected, tap on the 'Remove' option.
- A prompt message will pop up with an option saying- Delete for Everyone and Delete for you.
- To delete the message select the option for 'Delete for Everyone' that will help delete the message.
Point to be noted- users will have a window of 10 minutes after sending the message to delete it. Once the window is over, the users will not be able to delete the message for everyone.