Noida-Greater Noida Metro: In what is being seen as a big relief for lakh of families in Noida Extension (Greater Noida West, UP), the Yogi Adityanath government today approved the extension of Aqua Line Metro from Noida Sector 71 to Noida Extension's Gaur City. The Uttar Pradesh cabinet Tuesday approved the construction of an extension line of the Noida-Greater Noida Metro at a cost of Rs 2,682 crore, officials said. The 14.95 km long extension metro link will run between Noida Sector 71 and Greater Noida Knowledge Park–V, connecting the twin cities in Gautam Buddh Nagar district adjoining Delhi, the officials of the Noida Metro Rail Corporation (NMRC) said.
The decision in this regard was taken at a cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath.
"The cabinet has approved metro corridor project worth Rs 2,682 crore between Sector 71- Noida and Knowledge park- Greater Noida. It will be 14.95 km long," Industrial development minister Satish Mahana told reporters. He said that the project is expected to be completed in the next three years. The new rail link is expected to connect the densely populated areas of Gaur City and Noida Extension to the Aqua Line and the adjoining Blue Line metro network, which connects Noida with Delhi, according to officials. In January this year, the Aqua Line of the metro was inaugurated which connects Noida and Greater Noida, covering a distance of almost 30 km.
NOIDA METRO TO BE EXTENDED TO GREATER NOIDA (WEST): HIGHLIGHTS
- Noida Metro's Aqua Line will be extended to Noida Extension connecting densely populated areas like Gaur City
- The new Metro corridor in Greater Noida will have 9 Metro Stations
- To begin with, the Knowledge Park-V Metro corridor would be developed between Sector 71, Noida and Sector 2 in Greater Noida.
- Metro stations will be at Sector 122 and Sector-123 in Greater Noida (West), Gaur City Chowk (Sector- 4), Echo Tech (Chowk), and Sector-2 in Greater Noida West.
- UP Cabinet has okayed an extension of 14.95 km stretch
- Noida Extension Metro has got a budget allocation of Rs 2,682 crore