1. Monsoon likely to hit today: IMDNew Delhi: The Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) has said that the monsoon is expected to hit the coast of Kerala in the next 48 hours. The much-awaited monsoon is expected to arrive by June 5 this year, five days later than the usual start date.
2. PM Modi to start tree plantation drive on World Environment Day
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi will start a tree plantation campaign by planting a sapling today at his official residence 7 RCR to mark the World Environment Day.
3. World Environment Day: Tendulkar, Kohli to plant saplings
New Delhi: The Environment Ministry has invited eminent sportspersons including star crickters Sachin Tendulkar, Virat Kohli and double Olympic medallist Sushil Kumar to participate in a countrywide sapling plantation drive on the occasion of ‘World Environment Day'.
4. Swaraj, Anant Kumar and CM Shivraj to lay foundation stone of Plastic Park
Raisen: Top BJP Leaders Sushma Swaraj, Anant Kumar and CM Shivraj will today lay the foundation stone of India's fourth plastic park at Raisen at 12 Noon. .
5. Jal Kranti to launch in Rajasthan in presence of Uma Bharti
Jaipur: River Linking project Jal Kranti will be launched today in Rajasthan in presence of Minister of Water Resources of India Uma Bharti.
Jal Kranti is the joint initiative of Governments of India and Rajasthan in which three states are majorly involved - Rajasthan / Gujarat / Maharashtra - 30 large and small rivers of these states will be linked.
6. Smriti Irani to launch KV SHAALA DARPAN for Kendriya Vidyalaya
Delhi: Smriti Irani, Union Minister of Human Resource Development, will today launch KV SHAALA DARPAN for Kendriya Vidyalaya.
The event will be attended by Guests of Honour Prof. (Dr.) Ram Shankar Katheria & Upendra Kushwaha, Minister of State, Human Resource Development, Govt. of India.
7. Birender Singh to address media after meeting on Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana
New Delhi: Minister of Rural Development Birender Singh will address the media after the first National Level Committee meeting on Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana.
8. Haryana expects test results of Maggi samples
Chandigarh: The test reports of Maggi noodles samples, which have been collected from all over Haryana and sent for laboratory testing, are expected by tomorrow, State's Health Minister Anil Vij said.
9. FDA report on city's four Maggi samples
Kolhapur: The city Food and Drug Administration (FDA) unit collected four Maggi samples from the Rajarampuri area to check the lead content in the fast food item. The samples have been sent to the Pune-based laboratory and the results are expected on Friday.
10. Maggi controversy: Amitabh Bachchan may face protest in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Kalinga Sena, a local political outfit, announced its decision to oppose the proposed visit of Bollywood mega star Amitabh Bachchan to Odisha scheduled on June 5 in the wake of the Maggi controversy.
11. Citizens want declassification of docus about Netaji
Thane: Members of various associations from Thane, Navi Mumbai and Mumbai will take out a protest over the issue of declassification documents related to Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose. The peaceful march will be held between 2pm to 4pm at Azad Maidan today.
12. Netherlands PM to visit India June 5-6
New Delhi: Netherlands Prime Minister Mark Rutte, accompanied by two ministers and a large trade delegation, is visiting India June 5-6, during which he will hold talks with his Indian counterpart Narendra Modi.
On June 5, Rutte will meet Modi and members of his cabinet together with Ploumen, and Dijksma.
13. Advani, Lalu, Nitish and Sushil Modi to share dais
Patna: BJP patron LK Advani, RJD Chief Lalu Yadav, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and Bihar BJP leader Sushil Modi will today share dais on occasion of exhibition of photographs of Karpoori Thakur at 11am at Ravindra Bhawan.
14. Jayalalitha to file nomination for by elections
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalitha will today file her nomination at 12 Noon for RK Nagar Assembly by elections.
15. IIT-M emergency meeting
Chennai: The Indian Institute of Technology – Madras (IIT-M) is scheduled to convene an emergency meeting of the Board of Students to discuss the recent de-recognition of one of its student bodies, which has sparked a national controversy.
16.Rajnath Singh to visit Jammu
Jammu: Union Home Minster Rajnath Singh is scheduled to visit Jammu today. He will be arrive at 08:30am and will head towards Samba sector through chopper to inaugurate camp of ITBP Battalion.