1. PM Modi to launch Skill India campaignNew Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi will today launch the Skill India Campaign on the occasion of World Youth Skills Day.
2. PM Modi to chair NITI Aayog's Governing Council meet
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi will also chair a second meeting of the Governing Council of the NITI Aayog today morning at 7, Race Course Road.
Comprising of all chief ministers, the council will discuss the controversial land bill and other issues like poverty, health and social sector schemes.
3. PM Modi to chair meeting with CMs of North-Eastern states
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi will today evening chair a meeting with Chief Ministers from the North-Eastern states, including Sikkim.
4. Final hearing on PIL against Yadav Singh
Lucknow: The Allahabad High Court is scheduled to conduct the final hearing and disposal of a PIL seeking a CBI probe against former Noida Authority engineer-in-chief Yadav Singh in connection with his alleged illegal assets.
5. HC to hear plea against BJP leader's appointment in NDMC
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court will today hear a plea of an AAP MLA challenging the centre's decision to appoint BJP leader Karan Singh Tanwar as Vice Chairman of the New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC).
Justice V P Vaish fixed the matter for hearing after it was informed by the counsel for the NDMC that no oath ceremony is going to take place in the next 24 hours.
6. President to host Iftar on Wednesday, PM not going to attend
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee will today host an iftar on and the guest list includes the Vice-President, the Prime Minister, leaders of all major political parties, diplomats of Muslim countries, members of the council of ministers and other luminaries.
Sources said around 350 guests are expected at the function. Mukherjee has hosted an iftar at Rashtrapati Bhavan every year since he took office three years ago. Like last year, Prime Minister Narendra Modi will not attend an Iftar
7. Commerce Min to meet states for new trade policy
New Delhi: The Commerce Ministry will today meet the representatives of states to streamline the investment process in the country.
8. Venkaiyah Naidu to attend Kamaraj Anniversary
Madurai: Union Minister for Urban Development Venkaiah Naidu will today attend Kamaraj's birthday anniversary at Virudhunagar.
Intially, BJP national president Amit Shah was scheduled to take part in the birth anniversary but due to pressing engagements in Delhi his visit was cancelled. Thus, Shah deputed Venkaiah Naidu to be present at former Chief Minister's birth anniversary.
9. Emergency session of Manipur assembly
Imphal: Manipur Speaker Th Lokeshwar Singh convened an emergency one-day session of the assembly on July 15 to discuss the withdrawal of Manipur Regulation of Visitors and Migrant Workers Bill, 2015, by the state government.