Sonu Nigam is one of the most popular singers of Bollywood. His voice has provided solace to millions of souls and he has came to the rescue of millions broken hearts. He came to the industry in his teen age and inspired a lot of young singers. No doubt Mr. Nigam is one of our favourite singers.
From the melodious song Kal Ho Na Ho to the super hit Abhi Mujh Mei Kahi he gave many songs to cine buffs.
As the singer turns 43 today here are some facts about this amazing singer you were not aware of.
1. Mr Nigam began his career at the age of four, when he sung Mohammed Rafi’s ‘Kya Hua Tera Wada’ on the stage with his father Agam Kumar Nigam.
2. He was of 19 when he started his Bollywood career.
3. Apart from singing he has appeared in films also. Mr Nigam made his movie debut as a child actor in “Betab” in 1983. Later he was seen in the movies like “Love In Nepal”, Jaani Dushman : Ek Anokhi Kahani and Kash Aap Humare Hote.
4. Sonu is was not limited to the songs in hindi. He sung songs in several languages like Kannada, Tamil, Punjabi, Bengali, Malyalam, Marathi, Telugu and in Nepali also.
5. He has also given Hindi voice overs for Hollywood animated films “Aladdin” and “Rio” .
6. He has been ranked No.1 artist in US Billboard Unchanted charts twice.
7. His song “Sandese Aate Hai” from the movie Border (1997) made him successful in the film industry.
8 In 1995 Mr Nigam started his television career as he presented one of the major singing reality shows on Indian television, “Sa Re Ga Ma”
9. The year 1999 proved to be a turning point of his career, as his album “Deewana” was released and became a huge hit.
10. The singe has won many awards like Two Filmfare awards, three IIFAA awards and one national award for the title track of “Kal Ho Naa Ho”.