Hyundai Motor India Wednesday unveiled its new compact SUV, Venue, which it plans to launch in India next month.
The company unveiled the new model here alongside the global preview of the vehicle at the New York International Auto show.
The carmaker will launch the SUV in India on May 21.
The compact SUV, which will compete with the likes of Maruti Vitara Brezza, Tata Motors Nexon and Mahindra XUV300, comes with three engine options.
The model comes with 1 litre turbo and1.2 litre petrol powertrains besides 1.4 litre diesel engine and sits below the Creta in terms of price and positioning.
"Hyundai Motor India is committed to leading the Indian auto industry by introducing world class product," Hyundai Motor India Ltd (HMIL) MD & CEO S S Kim told reporters here.
Meet our Newest and India’s First Connected SUV – the #HyundaiVENUE. Designed with Creative Thinking Covering All The Necessities. This is going to be a 3rd SPACE you will definitely enjoy. To know more https://t.co/yo3ilyAjPH pic.twitter.com/cKhZYpml37— Hyundai India (@HyundaiIndia) April 9, 2019
Being India's first connected SUV not only makes Venue a new benchmark in the segment but also demonstrates company's unwavering emphasis on offering the quality and feature list products to the customers, he added.
Hyundai plans to roll out a host of India-specific connected features including a panic button for distress situations in Venue.
The auto major will introduce its global technology BlueLink in the Indian market with the launch of the new model and has tied up with Vodafone Idea for network connectivity.
The company's BlueLink technology comes with 33 artificial intelligence and connected features, out of which 10 have been specially designed for the Indian market.
The model would also come with various features including electric sunroof, wireless phone charging, air purifier, cruise control among others.
Safety features include six airbags, speed sensing auto door lock, vehicle stability management among others.
Check more details about Hyundai's new compact SUV: Hyundai Venue
- Hyundai Venue will be the compact SUV of the country's sub-4-meter connected features, which the company will launch
- Booking of Venue has been started informally on all dealerships of Hyundai.
- Hyundai Venue will compete with Maruti Brezza, Tata Nexon, Honda WR-V, Ford EcoSport and Mahindra XUV300. The company will position it below Creta and it can be priced between 8 and 11 lakh rupees.
- This will be a 5-seater SUV with multiple engine options.
- The company can give it a 1 liter 3-cylinder turbocharged petrol engine, which will generate 110bhp power and 170Nm torque.
- At the same time, the 1.4-liter 4-cylinder turbocharged diesel engine will generate a torque of power of 89bhp and 220Nm of torque.
- Apart from this, the Hyundai 1.4 liter 4-cylinder can also give natural aspirated petrol motor, which will generate 99bhp power and 132Nm of torque.
- Apart from this, the first car of Venue Segment will have a turbocharged petrol motor with 7-speed twin-clutch automatic gearbox.
- Talking about the safety features of Hyundai Venue, the model has 6 airbags, ABS, traction control, ESP, reverse parking camera, etc. in the top-end variants of Venue.
- At the same time, in its base model, the company can offer two airbags, ABS, speed alerts, seat belt reminder, and reverse parking sensor standard.
(With inputs from agencies)