1. You Are At:
  2. English News
  3. Technology News
  4. Asia and Europe mobile networks suspend orders for Huawei smartphones

Asia and Europe mobile networks suspend orders for Huawei smartphones

Followed with the US decision last week, Mobile networks in Asia and Europe have issued suspending orders for Huawei smartphones.

India TV Tech Desk India TV Tech Desk
New Delhi Published on: May 23, 2019 15:46 IST
Representative News Image
Image Source : TWITTER/HUAWEIMOBILE

Asia and Europe mobile networks suspend orders for Huawei smartphones

According to media reports, Mobile networks in Asia and Europe have issued suspending orders for Huawei smartphones followed with the US decision last week that will restrict the company's access to American technology.

Also, read: Apple announces the fastest MacBook Pro with 8th and 9th generation Intel Core processors

With the inclusion of export blacklist of Huawei means that the company can no longer source software or components from US suppliers without a licence. According to the CNN report, existing devices are unaffected but the restriction threatens the future Huawei products and its leading position in building a super-fast next-generation 5G network.

The worlds second largest mobile operator, Vodafone said on Wednesday that the company had paused the pre-orders of Huawei Mate 20X (5G) smartphones in the UK.

A company spokesperson told CNN Business, "This is a temporary measure while uncertainty exists regarding new Huawei 5G devices".

EE, the UK's biggest carrier is also delaying the introduction of Huawei's new smartphones and the company has touted that the Mate 20X in a preview of its 5G network last week.

Huawei P30 Lite too faces the same as Japan's top mobile operators took similar steps as the phone was scheduled to launch in the country later this month.

Docomo spokesperson Yoshikumi Kuroda said that the leading Japanese telecoms firm NTT Docomo announced that it has stopped taking reservations for the phone, and is "looking into the impact of the US restrictions".

Other rival carriers KDDI and SoftBank Corp, said that they will delay the release of the new Huawei phones. 

According to CNN reports, the suspension of orders is the first tangible evidence that US President Donald Trump's administration's latest escalation of its campaign against Huawei on grounds of national security is hurting the company's business.

Huawei had overtaken Apple last year and became the world's No. 2 smartphone brand placing it just behind Samsung and it relies on the market outside China for half of its sales.

With the US export ban, Google has cut its Android ecosystem with new Huawei devices.

Right now there is a temporary reprieve by the US Commerce Department that allows Google to provide service to the existing Huawei devices for the next 90 days.

(With IANS inputs)

Also, read: Honor 20 and Honor 20 Pro with punch-hole display and Quad-camera launched

Write a comment

chandrayaan-2