"No player, no participant, no coach, no trainer, no visitor, no spectator" to the New Delhi Commonwealth Games in October 2010 need to have any worry on account of security.
This firm assurance was given by Home Minister P Chidambaram, who said a very comprehensive security plan has been drawn up for the October 3-14 sporting extravaganza.
"We will provide fool-proof security," Chidambaram said in an interview to PTI.
Asked specifically whether he had any concerns about the safety of the sportsmen during the Games, Chidambaram said "Every international sports event in the world must factor in security. Be it World Cup football, Olympics or Commonwealth Games. So, we have factored in security.
"We have a very comprehensive security plan. The Plan has been presented to the CWG Federation. The security personnel of the participating countries came to Delhi a few weeks ago and they were given a full presentation. I am told that they have expressed satisfaction with the security plan that we presented for the CWG," he said.
Asked whether he would like to assure the participating nations that India does not face a greater threat than any other country, the home minister said there were many other countries that faced a greater threat.
"In fact, there are many countries that face a greater threat, like for example Pakistan. We will provide foolproof security for the CWG," Chidambaram said.
The build up to the Games has been plagued by controversies with the Commonwealth Games Federation chief Michael Fennell raising questions about the "tardy" preparations for the multi-discipline event.
The public spat between CWG Organising Committee Chairman Suresh Kalmadi and CGF CEO Mike Hooper has only aggravated the relations between the Indian organisers and their parent body.
Security has been a major issue after the Mumbai terror attacks last November, which led to the abrupt end to the one-day series between India and England and the postponement of the inaugural Champions League.
Australia's Commonwealth Games chief Perry Crosswhite had earlier this month raised concerns about security in Delhi and had said that he could not guarantee safety of his country's athletes.
He said it was up to the sports federations to decide whether they want to send their teams to India or not.
In recent times, Australia forfeited its Davis Cup tie against India in May, citing security fears. The Asia/Oceania Group tie was scheduled to be played in Chennai from May 8-10.
In August, England and two Austrian players had pulled out of the World Badminton Championship in Hyderabad again fearing safety.
The event however passed off without any untoward incident and home minister made a point by watching matches from the spectators' gallery on the final day. PTI