After an unsatisfactory start at the Rio Olympics, India will look forward to winning its first medal today. 2008 Olympics gold medalist Abhinav Bindra 2012 Olympics bronze medallist Gagan Narang will compete in the 10m air rifle event.
Meanwhile, the Indian men’s and women’s hockey teams will aim at advancing in the tournament. While men’s team defeated Ireland by 3-2 in their first match, the women’s team managed to hold Japan to a draw.
Here is the list of India’s participation in different events in Rio Olympics 2016 today.
- 7:27 pm IST: Women’s Individual 1/32 Eliminations (Laxmirani Majhi)
- 7:30 pm IST: Germany vs India men’s hockey match.
- 2:30 am IST: India vs Great Britain women’s hockey match (Tuesday)
- 5:30 pm IST: 10m Air Rifle Men’s Qualifications (Abhinav Bindra and Gagan Narang)
- 8:30 pm IST: Finals
- 9:32 pm IST: Women’s 200m Freestyle (Shivani Kataria).
- 10:04 pm IST: Men’s 200m Butterfly (Sajan Prakash)