1. Amarnath Yatra begins todayJammu: Amid tight security arrangements, annual Amarnath yatra will begin from Jammu today, as the first batch of over 5,000 pilgrims will leave for 3,888-metre high cave shrine in south Kashmir Himalayas.
2. PM Modi to launch 'Digital India Week'
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi will launch the 'Digital India Week' in the national capital today with a view to empower the people of the country through the Digital India Programme.
3. Cabinet to approve irrigation scheme PMKSY
New Delhi: The Union Cabinet is likely to approve a central scheme 'Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana (PMKSY) today.
The scheme aims to provide irrigation facilities to every village by converging ongoing schemes being implemented by various ministries.
4. CCEA may extend ban on onion hoarding by 1 year
New Delhi: The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs may today consider a proposal to extend by one year the ban on hoarding of onions beyond a prescribed limit.
5. Amit Shah to inaugurate two-day workshop of party leaders
New Delhi: As part of its national training programme, BJP President Amit Shah will today inaugurate a two-day workshop of party leaders from across the country.
The workshop will help the party develop dedicated workers and put in place trainers for improved communication within.
6. Rajnath Singh to review security of Amarnath Yatra
Srinagar: Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh will today review the security arrangements for this year's Amarnath Yatra along with Chief Minister Mufti Muhammad Sayeed and senior officials of state and central security forces.
7. Dayanidhi Maran to be examined
New Delhi: Former Telecom Minister Dayanidhi Maran will be today questioned by CBI in connection with a case of allegedly using over 300 high data capacity BSNL telecom lines at his Boat house residence in Chennai.
8. Operation Smile to trace missing kids from July 01 to 31
New Delhi: Operation Smile' to trace and rescue missing children has been undertaken following the directions of the Union home ministry.
The ministry has issued directions to all states and Union territories to undertake targeted programmes from July 1 to 31 to rescue missing children.