1. You Are At:
  2. English News
  3. India News
  4. 25 rescued after massive fire breaks out at Ganesh Genesis high rise apartment in Ahmedabad

25 rescued after massive fire breaks out at Ganesh Genesis high rise apartment in Ahmedabad

Ganesh Genesis high rise building in Ahmedabad engulfed in flames on Friday. Fire fighting operations are currently underway as nearly 25 people are feared trapped inside the building. The blaze has also spread to the adjacent flats due to strong winds. As per initial reports, a short circuit at an apartment had led to the fire at Ganesh Genesis high rise.

India TV News Desk India TV News Desk
New Delhi Updated on: July 26, 2019 14:32 IST
Ahmedabad fire incident
Image Source : INDIA TV

Fire erupts at high rise building in Ahmedabad

A fire broke out at a high rise building in Gujarat's Ahmedabad on Friday. The fire had erupted at Ganesh Genesis building in the city. Fire officials had reached the spot as the efforts to douse the flames continued. Nearly 25 residents were trapped inside the building, while firefighters carried the rescue operations.

Commenting on the incident, the fire fighting officials said all people have been rescued safely. Two residents had received serious injuries in the incident and were admitted to the hospital. 

The fire had erupted at nearly 12:00 pm at noon. According to India TV Associate Editor Nirnay Kapoor, the fire broke out due to a short circuit at an apartment in the building. An explosion into a refrigerator was also reported.

The blaze had also spread to adjacent flats in the high rise building due to winds. Nearly all flats from 5th to 10th floor in the building had engulfed in flames. 

Meanwhile, many apartments at Ganesh Genesis building have suffered damaged due to the blaze. 

Also Read | MTNL building fire: All 84 people rescued safely in Bandra

Also Read | Fire breaks out at central Delhi's Kidwai Bhawan, none hurt

Watch TV Coverage 

Write a comment

Bigg boss 13