The investigation into the death of Sushant Singh Rajput is getting murkier by the day, revealing new twists and turns. Sushant's girlfriend and actor Rhea Chakraborty, who has been accused by Sushant Singh Rajput's family of abetting the actor's suicide, has finally broken her silence in the case, claiming "the truth shall prevail". In a video statement, Rhea Chakraborty said she had faith in the judiciary. (WATCH: Satyamev Jayate: Rhea Chakraborty in emotional video message)
Rhea's statement comes after the Enforcement Directorate (ED) on Friday filed a money laundering case on the basis of a Bihar Police FIR in which Sushant Singh Rajput's father has accused Rhea and her family of abetting the late actor's suicide. The ED has filed a case of money laundering over transactions worth Rs 15 crore related to Sushant Singh Rajput's bank account. An Enforcement Case Information Report (ECIR) has been filed against the accused named in the Bihar Police FIR that includes Rhea Chakraborty, her family and six others. (READ: ED to probe Rs 15 crore transaction from Sushant Singh Rajput's account)
The 34-year-old actor had died by suicide at his Bandra apartment in Mumbai on June 14. Sushant Singh Rajput was found dead in his apartment in Mumbai's Bandra. Among the many theories regarding his death, the Mumbai Police is investigating allegations of nepotism and his reported depression. In this regard, more than 50 people have recorded their statements so far in the case, including Rhea Chakraborty, Shekhar Kapoor, Aditya Chopra, Sanjay Leela Bhansali, Mukesh Chhabra, among others. Police have questioned Sushant's staff and are now trying to question Rhea and her brother Shovik Chakraborty. (EXCLUSIVE: Ankita Lokhande says Sushant Singh Rajput can never end his life because of his career)
Sushant Singh Rajput Death Investigation: UPDATES
- Maharashtra's Transport Minister Anil Parab took to Twiter to write that Mumbai police should investigate how a party was hosted at Sushant's residence despite strict lockdown in the city.
- Late actor Sushant Singh Rajput's personal Trainer Samee Ahmed made some shocking revelations in a conversation with India TV. Samee was training Sushant for the past five years. While Sushant died on June 14, he had a telephonic conversation with Samee on June 1. Samee had lost his mother and Sushant consoled and motivated him. He also advised him not to quit. According to Samee, Rhea used to manage Sushant's medicines. The trainer added that she never talked to him. In March, Sushant joined a new gym along with Rhea, which he came to know about now. Sammee said that Sushant was excited about organic farming idea and he had his plans ready. He was quite excited for it but he didn't want to leave acting. All he wanted was a break. Sushant told him that he had dengue and that's why he was a bit concerned regarding his fitness. He had even prepared his daily schedule for post lockdown. Sammee said that he never saw Sushant in depression. He was a happy-go-lucky guy. "Sushant whom I know can never kill self, the trainer said.
- Bihar Police have set up a Special Investigation Team (SIT) in Mumbai and asked for assistance from the Mumbai Police. If Bihar Police want to access any of the documents related to the Sushant Singh Rajput's suicide case, then they will have to visit the Bandra Police Station. Bihar Police officials had a 40-minute meeting with Mumbai Police Crime Detection DCP Akbar Pathan. The FIR copy registered by the Bihar Police in now no-record with Mumbai Police. Mumbai Police will consider Bihar Police's application as per legal advice.
- After caveat application in SC by Bihar Government and Sushant Singh Rajput's family, Maharashtra Government has also filed the same in the apex court.
- Shekhar Suman meets Maharashtra governor in Sushant Singh Rajput case. He said, "I met the Governor and demanded a CBI inquiry into Sushant's case. I will not favor the investigation of Mumbai and Patna Police, but Patna Police is proceeding differently by investigating the matter of financial fraud. What they did not found in 45 days, they did in just a few days. How will the investigation proceed if the case is taken as a suicide.
- SC Likely To Hear Rhea Chakraborty Plea On Aug 5. This Is the 'Computer Generated' date on SC website. The plea seeking transfer of probe in the FIR lodged in Patna to Mumbai was filed on July 28. But Rhea's lawyers did not make any mention seeking urgent hearing of the plea.
- Actress Rhea Chakraborty has finally come out in the public light and issued an official statement. In the latest video, she can be seen saying, "I have immense faith in God and the judiciary. I believe that I will get justice. Even though a lot of horrible things are being said about me in the electronic media, I refrain from commenting on the advice of my lawyers, as the matter is sub judice. Satyamev Jayate, the truth shall prevail."
- Ashok Kasu revealed that Rhea came to live at Sushant's house in April 2019. Beginning three-four months were fine because nobody knew what was in her mind. Later, managers Shruti Modi and Miranda took over and everyone got sidelined. Earlier we used to give medicines and food but then Rhea started taking care of everything. Whatever used to happen in their room was their personal matter.
- He revealed that both the sisters came to meet Sushant and they even called him up. However, when they reached the house and messaged him to come and meet them, he replied to them and said that he cannot do so since he was busy in a meeting. No one knows if it was him or someone else who replied because this never happened earlier.
- Ashok said that when Sushant got sick after Europe tour, they said that he had dengue. If he had dengue, he should have been cured quickly. But even after four months, he kept on taking the medicines. "Rhea once scolded two of my boys working there. She got very aggressive," said Ashok.
- Ankita says she never met him after 2016. She did not even have her number from the past four years.
- His father used to call me up and ask for his number as he was unaware of his son's new number. Even after our break-up, I was in touch with his family.
- Sushant was never money minded. His mind used to keep on working.
- I really wanted to know why it happened. It is important to know what was the problem in his personal life, says Ankita
- I don't agree with the fact that he took his life because of his career: Ankita
- Sushant's ex-girlfriend Ankita still cannot believe that Sushant is no more. Talking about him she said that he knew what he wanted to do after 5 years, he was so punctual, talented, and had control over his brain. And to say things like he was depression, bipolar is not wrong but I cannot believe it.
- ED's Mumbai branch will investigate the case and will interrogate Rhea Chakraborty and her brother Shovik Chakraborty soon.
सुशांत सिंह राजपूत की कथित खुदकुशी के मामले में ED ने मनी लॉन्ड्रिंग का केस दर्ज किया।बिहार पुलिस की एफआईआर के आधार पर ED ने केस दर्ज किया।रिया चक्रवर्ती और उसके भाई शौविक चक्रवर्ती को अगले हफ्ते पूछताछ के लिए बुलाएगी ED। @indiatvnews @dir_ed— Atul Bhatia (@atul_bhatia1) July 31, 2020
- ED has filed a money laundering case over the transaction of Rs 15 crore in connection with the actor's death.
- According to the information given by the CA of Sushant Singh Rajput in his statement to the Mumbai Police, Sushant never sent any large amount to Rhea's or her family or brother's bank account.
- The details of bank transactions from January 2019 to June 2020 are as follows.
-2 crore term deposits from Sushant -2 crore 24 lakh balance left in Kotak Mahindra Bank -Rent worth Rs 60 Lakhs of Bandra flats from January 2019 to June 2020 -63 lakhs paid - to Kuvan Talent Management Company -GST of Rs. 3 crore paid -Ethos watch worth 20Lakhs -55Lakhs pent on foreign tour -Two and a half crores spent on the tour of Kerala from Assam -
- As many as 7 people have been investigated by Bihar Police. The police are keeping an eye on Rhea and are talking to his doctors.
- Bihar Minister Maheshwar Hazari expressing his doubts on the suicide theory said that it seemed to be a "case of murder and not suicide". He alleged that Rhea is not only a 'supari' (contract) killer but was like Bollywood's version of a 'vishkanya' who killed Sushant by trapping him in her love. Hazari said that Rhea was sent to Sushant under a conspiracy. "I don't know how many people will die in the pursuit of fulfilling their ambitions. Such contract killers should be acted upon as soon as possible," the Minister said.
- Actor's bad time started with the entry of Rhea, says the actor's ex-bodyguard. He cannot commit suicide, he was a person who used to motivate everyone.
- The family lawyer said that Pithani's statement arises a crucial question as to how Rhea received his mail as it was sent to the police. The family is further claiming that Rhea and Siddharth are connected with each other.
- Sushant's friend Siddharth Pithani said that the actor's family members called him and asked him to call someone on Whatsapp and say that Rhea has transferred 15 crores from Sushant's account. "I wrote a mail to Mumbai Police regarding the same so that there is no foul play," he said. Talking about him he said that Sushant used to take his own decisions and Rhea's opinions were sometimes a part of it. Talking about the money, he said "I was absent from his house for four months and returned in January and during this time a lot of things happened but I used to stay away from all of that."
- Sushant's staff told the police that the actor's expenses increased after the entry of Rhea and Shruti Modi. Not only this, when they asked her about this she fired them.
- Advocate general, Lalit Kishore said that he is happy that the investigation is in the right direction. Bihar government wants that the actor's family gets justice. Maharashtra police cannot help Bihar police in this case.
- Police are investigating everything about June 8--the day when Rhea and Sushant had a 'huge fight' later which she left his house and the day actor's ex-manager Disha Salian committed suicide.
- As per CNN, Sushant's best friend Mahesh Shetty, who was the first one to enter the actor's room after his death will be made a prime witness in the case by the police. Not only this, he even told the cops that he had advised Sushant to talk to his parent but he told him that Rhea won't allow him to do that. He also said that the Jalebi actress checked his phone constantly and along with her mother wanted to change his entire team. The Kedarnath actor was not happy about it.
- There was no party at Sushant's house on June 13 and like every day he woke on in the morning of June 14 (the day he allegedly committed suicide), informed his household to the police. The actor was in his bedroom after having dinner on the night of June 13. Neither did he went out nor any party took place. Earlier, Mumbai Police had also officially rejected the party's news.
- According to information received from Sushant's call details, Sushant had made two phone calls late at around 2 pm. This phone call was made to Rhea Chakraborty and her friend Mahesh Shetty, but he could not talk to both of them that night.
- As per reports, in the investigation, Sushant's ex-girlfriend Ankita Lokhande said that he was not happy in the relationship. He wanted to end things with Rhea because she used to trouble him. Ankita has also submitted the WhatsApp chat details to the police as well.
- The payment of a lot of Rhea's bills as well as brother Showik's flight tickets was made through Sushant's bank accounts. However, details of the transfer of a huge amount were not found.
- Rhea Chakraborty admitted that she was in a live-in relationship with Sushant Singh Rajput since a year till 8the June 2020 and she had temporarily shifted to her own residence in Mumbai six days before the actor died by suicide. On 8th June, Sushant's ex-manager Disha Salian had died by suicide and he was said to be very upset about it.
- Sushant's sister Meetu Singh has told Bihar Police that the actor and Rhea had a fight on 8th June after which the actress left his house with some of his belongings like the laptop, credit cards and jewelry. After this, Meetu tried to console her brother and stayed with him for four days.
- A letter petition has been filed in Patna High Court seeking transfer of investigation from Patna State Police to the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI).
Sushant Singh Rajput death case: A letter petition has been filed in Patna High Court seeking transfer of investigation from Patna State Police to the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI). pic.twitter.com/Vmi8zwZ31V— ANI (@ANI) July 31, 2020
- Karni Sena, Mayawati demand CBI probe in Sushant Singh Rajput's death case. Demanding the inquiry, a few members of the Karni Sena have warned of a violent protest, in case the government does not initiate a CBI inquiry into the case.
- Rhea Chakraborty moved to Supreme Court and revealed that she was in a live-in relationship with Sushant till June 8. She claimed that Sushant was suffering from depression for some time and was on anti-depressants.
- "In peculiar facts and circumstances of the present case, the petitioner has been falsely implicated in the present case filed by at the instance of Krishna Kishore Singh," Rhea said in her plea.