A lot is being said about Kapil Sharma and Navjot Singh Sidhu after the latter’s comments regarding the Pulwama terror attack. While Sidhu’s words created quite a controversy and angered netizens, comedian Kapil Sharma kept mum about it, until now. Finally, the most popular comedian Kapil Sharma has broken his silence regarding everything that is being said about his show as well as the politician and said that whatever is happening is taking people away from the genuine problem and misleading them.
While interacting with the media at an event in Chandigarh, Kapil Sharma was seen talking about the controversy and he said, “There should be a permanent solution to this problem. If sacking Sidhu Ji was a solution, then Sidhu Ji is smart enough to walk out of the show himself. So, people are being misled with hashtags like ‘#BoycottSidhu’ and ‘#BoycottKapilSharmaShow’. Right now one should focus on the genuine problem and the attention of the youth should not be taken away from the real issue.” The video was shared by Navjot Singh Sidhu on his Twitter along with the hashtag ‘Iska Impact Ayega Ki Nahi’. Watch the video here-
In another video, Kapil Sharma added, “It’s all propaganda that keeps on running on Twitter and I don’t get involved in such things. I have started doing some good things and I want all of you to support me in this instead of creating controversies around my comments.” When asked if any actions will be taken against Sidhu, Kapil revealed that, “I am not the producer of the show this time so it will be channel’s decision.”
Post the Pulwama attack on Thursday, February 14, Navjot Singh Sidhu had said in an interview that the entire nation should not be blamed for the acts of a handful people. He said, “There are good, the bad and the ugly. Every institution has them. Every nation has them. The ugly need to be punished. But individuals cannot be blamed for the dastardly act.”
This didn't go down well with a section of social media users who started lambasting him for his remarks. The demand of Navjot Singh Sidhu's exit from The Kapil Sharma Show also started ruling the Twitter trends. A source even told indianexpress.com earlier that, “His remarks have not been taken kindly by most. Also, the channel and the show was getting dragged into the unwanted controversy. This is when the team amicably decided that Navjot make a distance from the show. The team has already shot a couple of episodes with Archana.”
We welcome Archana Puran Singh on #TheKapilSharmaShow, next Sunday! @apshaha @KapilSharmaK9 @kikusharda @Krushna_KAS @bharti_lalli @sumona24 @RochelleMRao @trulyedward @haanjichandan @Banijayasia pic.twitter.com/NWFDxp9VcT— Sony TV (@SonyTV) February 17, 2019
However, the politician-former cricketer later tried to justify his comments and claimed that his words were ‘distorted’. He said, “Mere liye hamesha hi desh pehle tha (For me the country had always been first)… but I stand by what I said yesterday (Friday) and I cannot blame an entire nation for an act done by a few cowards…”
For all latest news and updates, stay tuned to our Facebook page