New Delhi: Ranveer Singh is the unabashed, quirky, humorist of Bollywood. Love him or make fun of him, but the actor never misses to leave his mark wherever he goes. His unexpected appearances and impeccable comic timing is what makes him stand out of the crowd.
Just few films old actor has taken the industry by storm with his quirky dressing-style, energy and liveliness.
As Ranveer Singh celebrates his 33rd birthday today, here are few things that you might not know about the charismatic actor –
1) Born on July 6 1985, Ranveer Singh's full name is Ranveer Singh Bhavnani. He was born to a Mumbai couple Jagjit Singh Bhavnani and Anju Bhavnani.
2) He dropped his surname Bhavnani, not for some numerological or astrological reasons, but simply because he did not like too many syllables in the name.
In Singh's words, “the name would have been "too long, too many syllables", thus downplaying his brand as a "saleable commodity". This is what he told to a leading daily last year on being questioned about dropping his surname.
3) Before becoming an actor, he was a copywriter in an ad agency.
4) He is an Arts graduate from Indiana University where he took Theatres as a minor subject.
5) He is second cousin (from mother's side) of actress Sonam Kapoor.
6) Before debuting in ‘Band Baaja Baarat', he had rejected three big banner films.
7) He proudly calls himself a mamma's boy. He also has an elder sister Rithika Bhavnani.
8) When he was finalised for the lead role in ‘Band Baaja Baarat', he was so overwhelmed that he went to the corridor and started crying.
9) The quirky actor loves to collect X-rated magazines and picks them from every country that he visits.
10) He is a great actor and loves to mimic as well. But apart from these two, he likes to rap as well. Whenever he is free, he records freestyle rap on his phone.