It is every fan’s obsession to know their stars in real life. Luckily for the fans of Shah Rukh Khan, a close person to him has doled out many secrets. A woman, who did not disclose her name, claiming to have worked with King Khan at his home office revealed interesting facts about the 50-year old star.
The woman made these revelations on Quora and the answer got a considerable amount of upvotes. The anonymous writer managed to paint a real good picture of SRK as well as giving an up close and personal peek into his life.
Here are 10 things listed on the Quora thread about the ruler of billion hearts around the globe:
1. He’s a superstar of the highest order and this is the 21st century, but he would still always open the door for an average female employee like me and let me pass first.
2. Every morning when he leaves in his car, he knows a few fans will be waiting outside the gates. But he never pulls up the blinds to hide away from them. He makes sure to smile & wave back. It’s a stark contrast from other stars who hide away behind blackened car windows & maintain discretion to avoid fans outside their homes.
3. This small department handles all his charitable work and make sure there is no delay or problem while providing any goods or payments promised under SRK’s name. They also frequently comb through his Twitter mentions to check for anyone reaching out for help.
4. We weren’t allowed to cancel or shift his ‘family time’ on his schedule unless absolutely necessary and without asking him first. Whenever his children were in India, a part of the day was dedicated to them and we weren’t allowed to contact him directly regarding work during that time.
5. We Delhiites are suckers for Sita Ram Diwan Chand ke Chhole Bhature. I had once brought two packed plates of it for myself when I came back to Mumbai from Delhi. He heard me childishly bragging about it in the corridor and told me to inform him when I was having lunch. He said he hadn’t had them in so long and was craving for a bite… He actually came to the cafeteria during my lunch break, sat across the table and had all my Chole Bhature.
6. I once accidentally ran my pen over his jacket worth 11-freaking-lakhs. His assistant was ready to rip my throat open, but he said it’s OK. He gave me side hug from one arm, ruffled my hair, and asked me to be more careful in the future.
7. Since he doesn’t have to worry about offending anyone when cameras aren’t around — he’s very, very funny… He has a very sarcastic and witty sense of humour. Like Chandler but with oodles of charm.
8. It isn’t even aggression as much as passion… May be that Delhi ka ‘tora’ still lingers in him, and maybe his non-Delhi colleagues and media personnel misunderstand that.
9. Every morning three sets of three different newspapers are kept ready for him in his study, office and car. He is also constantly checking updates on his tab while traveling etc. He also is a frequent reader of e-books.
10. No matter what time he starts the day, he’s always exactly two hours late for everything. But in his defence, it’s not usually because he was resting in his van or woke up late.