Aiming to cash in on the increasing adventure touring sector in the country, Ducati India launched its much awaited motorcycle - Multistrada 1260 on Tuesday, June 19. Ducati has brought in two models of the motorocyle - standard Ducati Multistrada 1260 and Ducati Multistrada 1260 S.
The new Multistrada boasts of a new Ducati Testastretta DVT 1262 cc engine. Both the models have been fitted latest electronic to support its superior ride quality.
1. The all new Testastretta DVT engine gives the Multistrada 1260 an excellent mid-low range torque, generating 129.5 Nm at 7500rpm.
2. The Multistrada 1260S features full LED headlamp with Ducati Cornering lights that assist in illuminating the inside of corners.
3.The new Multistrada 1260/1260S is equipped with a high visibility instrument panel with all new information display and simplified menu management.
4. The entire Multistrada 1260 family is equipped with the Brembo brakes and cornering ABS as standard while the S version comes with Evo M50 4-Piston Callipers.
5. The new 1260 has long maintenance intervals. Oil changes are scheduled every 15,000 km, while the Desmo Service valve clearance control is required every 30,000 km.
6. Both standard Multistrada 1260 and Multistrada 1260S come with fuel tank capacity of 20 litres to support its tourer tag.
The Ducati Multistrada1260 and 1260 S have been launched in India at an introductory price of Rs 15.99 lakh and Rs 18.06 lakh (pan India ex-showroom) respectively.