OnePlus, the Chinese smartphone manufacturer has now started rolling out the much-awaited Android 9.0 (Pie) based OxygenOS update on OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T. The Android 9.0 Pie based Oxygen 9.0.0 began rolling out on 25th December and will start showing up on the OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T phones over the next week. OnePlus had launched the OnePlus 5 and 5T in 2017 that came with Android 7.1.1 Nougat out of the box.
OnePlus on its official forum posted an update that the final OxygenOS 9.0.0 based on Android 9.0 Pie will be available to OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T users via an OTA (Over-The-Air) update. Only a few users will be able to update their devices within the first 24 hours with a broader rollout in a few days. In case you want to update your OnePlus 5/5T device right now, simply go to the System Update option in Settings. The update size is 1,742MB for the OnePlus 5 and 1,748MB for the OnePlus 5T.
Steps on how to update OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T manually
- Open the phone and go to settings.
- Now scroll down to system settings.
- Go to the bottom where you can find an option called System Updates.
- Now tap on the System Update and it automatically triggers an update search.
- If its ready on your device, it will pop up with permission to update.
- On granting the permission, the device will take its course and restart to implement the updates.
- Once done, enjoy your new Android 9.0 Pie based OxygenOS 9.0 version.