SAO PAULO: Work is back at full speed at the stadium hosting the World Cup opener after labor officials allowed workers to return to part of the construction site that was closed because of safety concerns.
Labor ministry officials inspected the stadium and said it is safe for workers to resume installing the temporary seats needed for the June 12 inaugural match.
The installation had been halted March 31 after a worker's death at the Itaquerao. Part of the site was cleared Monday, but officials said additional safety measures were needed.
Officials said Friday they were satisfied with protective netting installed by the company in charge of the temporary structures.
The Itaquerao was already behind schedule, but local organizers said this delay will not keep the stadium from being finished on time.