New Delhi: Star batsman Virat Kohli is having a dream run this Asia cup. The right hander has performed at all the right moments for team India as he steered it into the finals.
It was Kohli's supreme defiance against Mohammad Aamir lethal bowling attack that saved the day for India as he went on to score 49 off 51 balls and left only after his team was a few runs short of victory.
The maverick smashed an impressive 56 as India claimed a 5-wicket win in the 7th match of the Asia Cup T20 2016 and took India to finals. Kohli's top form with the bat was on full display as he made the chase look easier than it actually was.
The batsman has garnered praise from both fans and anaylysts as they see him coming closest to Indian batting legend Sachin Tendulkar.
Here are the latest stats of the swashbuckling cricketer
1) It was Kohli's fourth half century from six T20 innings in 2016, meaning he boasts an average this year of 103.66.
2) The 27 year old cricketer is currently, at No. 2 in ICC rankings in both T20I and ODIs.
3) In 11 international innings across all forms of cricket in 2016, he's scored 692 runs at an average of 98.86, with two centuries, six half-centuries and an innings of 49.
4) With batting average of 51.03 in T20Is, Kohli is the only batsman to have an average of more than 50 in T20Is.
5) Virat has scored 13 half centuries in T20Is. Only Brendon McCullum (15) and Chris Gayle (14) are ahead of him on the list.
6) The batting average of Virat Kohli while batting second in a T20I is 79.66. While batting first, he just averages 35.88.
7) Kohli has scored 8 of his 13 fifties while chasing in T20I. In addition to he has an ODI average of 51.51 from 171 matches.