Saturday, April 20, 2024
Advertisement
  1. You Are At:
  2. News
  3. Sports
  4. Cricket
  5. Sri Lanka likely to send second-string team to India for T20 series

Sri Lanka likely to send second-string team to India for T20 series

New Delhi: Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) is likely to send an under-strength team to India next month for the Twenty20 series, prior to the Asia Cup.Lanka's key players including fast bowler and T20 captain Lasith

India TV News Desk India TV News Desk Published on: January 28, 2016 15:23 IST
sri lanka likely to send second string team to india for
sri lanka likely to send second string team to india for t20 series

New Delhi: Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) is likely to send an under-strength team to India next month for the Twenty20 series, prior to the Asia Cup.

Lanka's key players including fast bowler and T20 captain Lasith Malinga, allrounder Angelo Mathews, spinner Rangana Herath and fast bowler Nuwan Pradeep are injured.

While Malinga is still recovering from a knee injury that kept him out of the tour to New Zealand, Test and One-Day International (ODI) skipper Angelo Mathews is currently recuperating from a groin injury.

According to reports, the right-arm fast bowler, Malinga, will take another fortnight to regain full fitness.

The other two players, Pradeep and Herath, suffered injuries during a domestic competition. They are most likely to be dropped for the upcoming tour.

A provisional squad of 30 will be picked before February 1 for the World T20, which will be held in India in March. A majority of the squad will be picked from among the top performers in the ongoing domestic T20 competition, Super T20 Provincial Tournament.

Sri Lanka will tour India next month to play three Twenty20 Internationals as both teams prepare for the ICC World Twenty20 Championships.

Here is the schedule of India-Sri Lanka series:

February 9 (Tuesday) - 1st T20I in Pune

February 12 (Friday) - 2nd T20I in Delhi

February 14 (Sunday) - 3rd and final T20I in Visakhapatnam

Advertisement

Read all the Breaking News Live on indiatvnews.com and Get Latest English News & Updates from Sports and Cricket Section

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement