Live tv
search
  1. You Are At:
  2. English News
  3. World
  4. 2-year-old boy found dead after being attacked by alligator at Florida Resort

2-year-old boy found dead after being attacked by alligator at Florida Resort

Florida: The body of the 2-year-old boy from Nebraska who was attacked and pulled into a lake by an alligator at a Walt Disney World resort on Wednesday has been recovered by the Orange County

India TV News Desk India TV News Desk Updated on: June 16, 2016 11:54 IST
2-year-old Lane Graves
2-year-old Lane Graves

Florida: The body of the 2-year-old boy from Nebraska who was attacked and pulled into a lake by an alligator at a Walt Disney World resort on Wednesday has been recovered by the Orange County dive team. 

According to Orange County Sheriff's Office dive team,the body of the boy identified as Lane Graves was "completely intact" when it was found about 10 to 15 yards from shore.

The dive team located the body and sent it to the Orange County Medical Examiner's Office for an autopsy, Demings told reporter.

According to reports, the 2-year-old was on vacation with his parents, Matt and Melissa Graves, and his four-year-old sister. They had travelled to Disney World from Elkhorn, Nebraska where the incident took place.

Demings says the father tried to rescue the child but was unsuccessful. The parents then quickly alerted a lifeguard, but he was too far away from the scene of the attack.

The president of the Walt Disney World Resort has issued a statement after the attack on 2-year-old boy by an alligator at the resort's Seven Seas Lagoon.

According to officials, the alligator was about 4 feet to 7 feet long who killed the boy by snatching him into the lake.

Demings said there had been no other recent reports of similar alligator attacks on the lake. "Disney has operated here now for 45 years and they’ve never had this type of thing happen here before," he added.

Latest World News

Read all the Breaking News Live on indiatvnews.com and Get Latest English News & Updates from World