1. PM Modi to inaugurate summit of 24 countries on child, maternal mortalityNew Delhi: Ministers of health and delegates from as many as 24 countries will come together to share best practices and forge alliances on preventable child and maternal deaths as part of a two-day summit to be inaugurated today by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
2. Nitish, Kejriwal to share dais at Patna
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and his Delhi counterpart Arvind Kejriwal will share the dias today at a function. This event is considered important to boost Kumar's chances in the coming assembly polls in the state.
3. Centre to unveil 99 Smart Cities list
New Delhi: Kolkata, Mumbai, Jaipur, Bhubaneswar and Rae Bareli will be developed as Smart Cities as the Urban Development Ministry will formally announce the names of cities being selected for the NDA government's flagship project.
4. ISRO's GSAT-6 satellite to be launched today
Bengaluru: The launch of Geo-synchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV) D6 carrying India's latest communication satellite GSAT-6 is scheduled for August 27, Indian Space Research Organisation said.
5. First cabinet expansion of Cong govt in Himachal
Shimla: The first cabinet expansion of the thirty-two-month old Virbhadra Singh-led Congress government in Himachal Pradesh would take place today.
6. Madras HC to take up CSK's plea against Lodha committee order
Madras High Court on Friday issued notice to BCCI on a petition by Chennai Super Kings challenging the order of Justice Lodha Committee suspending it from the Indian Premier League over the 2013 betting scam involving its top official Gurunath Meiyappan. The judges adjourned the case for further hearing to August 27.
7. Hearing in Louis Berger case today
Officials from the Enforcement Directorate (ED) and Goa Police searched former CM Digambar Kamat's residence Thursday in connection with the probe into the Louis Berger bribery scam. The raids came on a day the Crime Branch moved the High Court against a district court order granting anticipatory bail to Kamat. The next hearing in the case is scheduled for August 27.