Noida, Oct 21: The Allahabad High Court will give its verdict today on the 492 quash-acquisition petitions filed by 40 villages in Noida Extension and other areas of Greater Noida.
The court will also decide the fate of about 80 petitions filed by farmers of about two dozen Noida villages.
A full bench of the court had on September 30 reserved its judgement in these cases after hearing the versions of the state government, farmers, builders and buyers for more than two weeks.
“Two earlier court orders set aside forcible acquisition in Shahberi and Patwari. The same urgency clause has been used in other villages too,” said Parminder Bhati, counsel of farmers.
Meanwhile, developers are also hopeful. “We're absolutely confident the crisis would be resolved,” said Pankaj Bajaj of real estate body CREDAI.
The two industrial development authorities in Noida and Greater Noida also hope the court won't ask them to return the land that they had acquired from villages and allotted to builders.
The authorities also hope to get a nod for out-of-court deals they have struck with some villages, while farmers want their land back for a better bargain. In case of an “adverse” judgment, the entire Noida Extension project may be scrapped.
· Total projects in Noida Extension: 48-50
· Total dwelling units: 2.5 Lakhs (To be constructed till 2015)
· Total affected villages: 16 and Land: 3,000 hectares.
· More than 60 builders had planned 2.5 lakh houses (worth Rs 50,000 crore) in about a dozen villages
· The authority had allotted 3,000 hectares of land to more than 60 builders
· Builders have also invested Rs10, 000 crore in their projects
· Booking for 100,000 units (worth Rs 20,000 crore) had already been done
· Buyers have invested Rs 1,500 crore in pursuit of their dream houses
· The authority has spent Rs 4,000 crore in terms of development of Noida Extension and compensation to farmers in Noida Extension villages
· 26,500 houses have already been hit in two court verdicts given by Allahabad High court (Shahberi and Patwari)