New Delhi, Nov 29: The CBI today submitted to the Supreme Court the status report on its ongoing investigations into the 2G spectrum allocation scam allegedly involving former Telecom Minister A Raja.
The status report was submitted to the apex court registry in a sealed cover.
A bench of justices G S Singhvi and A K Ganguly during the hearing had lambasted CBI for failing to examine the former minister and the telecom secretary, saying that it was the "minimum expected" of it as the criticism had come from CAG, a Constitutional authority.
"You said 8,000 documents had been examined still you are beating around the bush. It was minimum (questioning the duo) expected of the CBI," it had said.
CBI had offered to place a status report on Tuesday before the court which also took on record the CAG report placed by Centre for Public Interest Litigation (CPIL) counsel Prashant Bhushan.
"The CAG reports deserved highest respect. We are on the limited point. CAG under Constitution has a very important position. It is an authority set up under the Constitution. If such an authority set up under the constitution gives such a report, any reasonable person will question the Minister and the Secretary," it had said. PTI