At least 20 coronavirus 'hotspots' in the National Capital of Delhi have been sealed with immediate effect, deputy chief minister Manish Sisodia announced on Wednesday. "No person will be permitted inside these localities or will be allowed to leave them," said Sisodia.
Sisodia further said that the authorities would ensure the supply of essential commodities in areas that have been placed under restrictions during the sealing period.
The list of localities that have been sealed off are:
1. Entire affected street near Gandhi Park, Malviya Nagar, New Delhi
2. Entire Gali number 6, L1 Sangam Vihar, New Delhi
3. Shahjahanabad society, Plot number 1, Sector 11, Dwarka
4. Dinpur Village
5. Markaz Masjid and Nizamuddin Basti
6. Nizamuddin West (G and D block) areas
7. B Block Jahangirpuri
8. H. No 141 to H. No 180, Gali No. 14, Kalyanpuri Delhi
9. Mansara Apartments, Vasundhara Enclave, Delhi
10. Three galis of Khichirpur including Gali containing H. No. 5/387 Khichirpur Delhi
11. Gali No 9, Pandav Nagar, Delhi 110092.
12. Vardhman Apartments, Mayur Vihar Phase I, Extension, Delhi
13. Mayurdhwaj Apartments, I P Extension, Patparganj, Delhi
14. Gali no. 4, from H. No. J- 3/115 ( Nagar Dairy) to H. No. J- 3/108 (towards Anar wali Masjid Chowk), Kishan Kunj Extension, Delhi
15. Gali No. 4, from H. No J- 3/101 to H. No. J - 3/107 Krishan Kunj Extension Delhi
16. Gali No. 5, A Block ( From H No. A- 176 to A-189), West Vinod Nagar Delhi 110092
17. J & K, L and H pockets Dilshad Garden
18. G, H, J, Blocks, Old Seemapuri
19. F- 70 to 90 Block, Dilshad Colony
20. Pratap Khand, Jhilmil Colony
As on Tuesday, the total number of coronavirus cases in the national capital rose to 576, with 51 fresh cases and two deaths being reported in a day, according to the Delhi Health Department, news agency PTI reported.