1. You Are At:
  2. English News
  3. India News
  4. Man electrocuted while plucking mangoes using iron rod

Man electrocuted while plucking mangoes using iron rod

The incident took place when the duo was trying to pluck mangoes from a tree using an iron rod. The rod accidentally came in contact with the high tension electricity cable.

PTI PTI
Palghar Updated on: May 06, 2019 8:01 IST
Representational image
Image Source : PTI

Representational image

A security guard of an industrial unit in Boisar Tarapur MIDC was electrocuted and another one suffered serious burn injuries on Sunday, police said.
 
The incident took place around 4 pm when the duo was trying to pluck mangoes from a tree using an iron rod, they said.
 
"The rod accidentally came in contact with the high tension electricity cable and one security guard, identified as Chandramohan Jha (42), died on the spot," police said.
 
Another guard, Santosh Mishra (35) suffered serious injuries in the incident and was rushed to a hospital, they said.
 
A case of accidental death has been registered and Jha's body was sent for post-mortem.

Write a comment

India TV Election Day Counting
modi-on-india-tv