Delhi Metro services were affected for around 30 minutes today due to signalling issues at three major stations on the busy Yellow Line that connects Samaypur Badli and Huda City Centre, officials said.
The snag occurred at Rajiv Chowk, Kashmere Gate and Vishwavidyala stations around 11:30 am, a senior Metro official said. Train services slowed down but did not stop, he said.
- Technical snag hits Delhi Metro's Red Line, probe ordered
- Video: Technical snag halts Lucknow Metro on Day 1, passengers evacuated through emergency exits
- Technical snag hits Delhi Metro's Blue Line, passengers fume
- Delhi Metro services on Yamuna Bank-Vaishali section to be affected today
- Trial runs on Delhi Metro's IP Extension-Maujpur stretch begin
"Due to a signalling issue at the interlocking stations of Rajiv Chowk, Kashmere Gate and Vishwavidyala stations of Line 2 (Yellow Line), trains were manually given routes from 11:30 am to 12:04 pm. This caused a little bunching of trains on Line 2 during this period," he said.
The issue has been rectified and services are getting restored with normal movement, the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation said.
Rajiv Chowk (Blue Line-Yellow Line) and Kashmere Gates (Red Line with Yellow and Violet Lines) are also interchange stations, which get huge footfalls each day.
"Trains were stopping for longer hours than usual, causing the delay, but the services weren't stopped at any point of time," an official said.