Los Angeles: Elizabeth Taylor's health is improving following her hospitalisation last week, but the actress will remain in a medical facility for the foreseeable future, her representative said on Friday.
The two-time Oscar winner has been at the Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles for more than a week after she was admitted for symptoms of congestive heart failure, which has been a health concern for the 78-year-old Taylor since 2004.
"Elizabeth Taylor has continued to show great improvement, and her family and friends are very pleased with her progress. She will continue to remain at Cedars-Sinai for monitoring for the time being," her spokesperson said in a statement released on Friday. No further details were given.
In 2009, Taylor had surgery to replace a leaky heart valve, and she has been using a wheelchair for more than five years to cope with chronic pain.
A Hollywood star since appearing in National Velvet at age 12, Taylor won Oscars for her work in Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? and Butterfield 8.