New Delhi: Emraan Hashmi has shed the 'serial kisser' moniker and is easing into newly found stardom post the success of movies like Shanghai, Jannat series, Murder 2, Ek Thi Daayan etc.
He is one actor in Bollywood who has tasted success with all hardwork and perseverance.
His last release ‘Humari Adhuri Kahani', failed to impress the audiences and the critics. There were high expectations from this movie, given the fact that ace director Mahesh Bhatt had penned it down and it was loosely based on the real life relationship of Bhatt's parents. Despite the presence of actors like Vidya Balan and Rajkumar Rao, the movie was a flop.
Although, Emraan has not been a part of hit movies lately, his fan following doesn't seem to fade away. His fans adore him even if his movies fail at the box office.
While we know a lot about Emraan's work on the camera, his life behind the camera has always remained hidden from the media glare. We bring to you some of the interesting facts about Emraan that an ardent fan must know.
5 facts about Emraan you must know...
1. Emraan Hashmi started his career as an assistant director of Vikram Bhatt's Raaz in the year 2002.
2. It is also a record that all the songs of all his movies have always been successful and made almost half the money as the movie did in terms of revenue.
3. As per Emraan Hashmi's interview in Koffee with Karan, Emraan said he hadn't watched many Bollywood movies when he was growing up, and that didn't change even after he joined showbiz. He's glad, he added, he doesn't watch Hindi films, as that made his films more individualistic.
4. Emraan Hashmi's net worth is $13 million as per the latest stats for the year 2013. He likes to buy new and luxurious cars and bikes.
5. When asked about his best and worst onscreen kiss on Karan Johar's show, Emraan picked Murder 2 co-starring Jacqueline Fernandez because of its simplicity. His worst kiss was with Mallika Sherawat in Murder.
6. Emraan Hashmi has managed to keep his personal and his professional life poles apart. The actor dated Parveen Shahani whom he knew since school for six years before marrying her. Despite his casanova image, Emraan has kept his married life safe from controversies.
Emraan Hashmi's favourites...
Favourite Color: Black
Favourite Place: France
Favourite Actor: Sanjay Dutt
Favourite Music: Hindi
Favourite Food: Sushi
Favourite Perfume: Eternity by Calvin Klein