Anushka Sharma turns a year older on May 1st.
From the looks of it, these two movies are going to rock big time, probably catapulting Anushka's career to one of the top slots.
While Anushka will be celebrating her birthday in a grand manner with some closest people, we bring to you her 27 not much known fact.
1. Today praised as one of the most successful actress, Anushka, in her starting days never wanted to work for Bollywood. She came to Mumbai to become a successful model but destiny has some other plans for her.
2. Childhood crush -Shah Rukh Khan: Dilwale Dhulhaniya Le Jayenge was the first movie that Anushka saw in theatre. Her silver screen debut opposite SRK is not less than a dream come true.
3. Anushka got her first modelling break in 2007 by designer Wendell Rodricks during Lakme Fashion week. After walking the ramp as a show stopper, there was no looking back for her since then.
4. Ayodhya connection: Brought up in Bengaluru, Anushka was born in Ayodhya to an Army officer father and a homemaker mother, Anushka grew up in different parts of India, thanks to her father's various postings.
5. Zoheb Yusuf is a ramp model, whom Anushka met in Bangalore during her modelling days. According to reports, they were in a very serious relationship for more than two years. While Anushka got the lucky break with the great YRF banner, Zoheb couldn't find much work in the industry and went back to Bangalore. A long-distance relationship and Anushka's star status took over their commitment and they had to split.
6. Anushka had a dream Bollywood debut with Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi. The movie turned out to be a massive hit among audiences and Anushka was well appreciated by everyone, however little known to people that she had her own set of struggles to achieve this feat. According to reports, she took a day to prepare for her screen test for YRF's Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi and refused to do an impromptu one. She was even told by Aditya Chopra that she was not the best-looking girl around but that she was talented.
7. Anushka turned lucky and she got selected. Soon after, Yashraj offered her 3 film contract and Anushka had a big Bollywood debut with Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi with Shah Rukh Khan.
8. Anushka's performance in Band Baaja Baraat was highly lauded and the pretty actress even won the Dadasaheb Phalke Academy Awards for this film. She proved that she has the talent to make any movie superhit without any bigger co-star.
9. Anushka wasn't awarded a Filmfare for her first film. Interestingly, she has been nominated 19 different times for film awards and of those 19 nominations she's won 10 of them. She has only won the Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress for her role in Jab Tak Hain Jaan.
10. Anushka Sharma is die heart fan of American sitcoms despite being a mainstream Bollywood actress.