New Delhi: Akshay Kumar's latest release ‘Airlift', based on the biggest air evacuation in 1990 during the Iraq-Kuwait war, is receiving tremendous response from the audiences.
In the first weekend, the movie has garnered Rs 44.30 crores at the box office, which is a glimpse of movie's wide-spread acceptance.
Weaved around the Gulf-war when Saddam Hussain invaded Kuwait, the movie tells the ordeals of 1, 70,000 Indians stranded in the Arabic country. It was then Kuwait-based Indian businessman Ranjit Katyal who in coordination with the External Affairs Ministry carried out the biggest air evacuation.
This movie is a gentle reminder to all those who have forgotten their own motherland and consider themselves as Kuwaiti/American/English/Canadian etc. It teaches how in the end it's the motherland which comes to rescue of her children in the hour of need.
Here are some epic dialogues from the movie which will fill your heart with patriotism instantly and will force you to think beyond self interest.
1. Humari koi aukaat nahi hai, agar humari pehchan hai to sirf ek ki hum Kuwaiti nahi Hindustaani hain. …Saath hain to kuch hain warna nothing.
2. Unhe bacha sakta hai to vo desh jisko unhone khud yaad karna band kar diya tha.
3. Ab jo sabka hoga humara hoga
4. Delhi ko bhi kya kosna, yahan bhot se aaise hain jinki ginti me aaj se 10 din pehle tak Delhi nahi thi. Kuwaiti samajhne lage the apne aap ko.
5. Aadmi ki fitrat hi aisi hai, chhot lagti hai na toh aadmi maa maa hi chilata hai sabse pehle
6. Mujhe bhi yahan se nikalna hai... par in sab ka arrangement karne ke baad.
7. 'Airlift'..... Hindustaniyo ke liye Hindustaan ki sabse kaamyaab koshish.