With Aamir Khan's PK, smashing all records, let's take a sneak peek that which all films have been the biggest grosser ever in the history of Bollywood. Here, we'll share the names of top five of them –
1) PK: Inspite of all the controversies, Mr. Perfectionist's ‘PK' has grossed a record 305 crore nett in only seventeen days. According to a report on Boxofficeindia.com, it has become the highest grossing film of all time in the domestic market. Neither the political storms, nor the contentious all-bare exposure of Aamir could stop the film from reigning theatres. The film continues to spell its magic even as it enters third week of its release.
2) Dhoom 3: Another Aamir Khan starrer, raked in 261 crore nett from both in and offshores. Aamir's double role worked the wonder and the movie vroomed into the race of ‘200-crorers'. Standing just a step behind PK, this YRF venture is the first runner-up raising the 200-crore bar.
3) Kick: Next was Sallu Bhai's ‘Kick' and… there went the ‘200-crore milestone'. It made 212 crore in total. Except Salman's ‘Jai Ho', this is the fourth Salman Khan flick which helped him continue his legacy in the 200-crore club.
4) Chennai Express: The third stanch Khan of our industry is no where lagging behind. Shahrukh's ‘Chennai Express' earned 208 crore in the domestic market. The hit pair of Shahrukh-Deepika minted enough money for the director. The duo had been a success story in an earlier flick ‘Om Shanti Om' too.
5) 3 Idiots: Last but not the least, and establishing his victory on Bollywood, it was Mr. Perfectionist again, whose one more film went much ahead of the league. 3 Idiots collected 201 crore and stood at fifth place in the list of Bollywood's top grossers of all times.