Ahmedabad, Jan 1: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi today wished social activist Anna Hazare a speedy recovery after the veteran was hospitalised last night with chest infection.
“Praying for the good health of Anna Hazare ji. Hope he gets well soon...,” Modi said on the social networking site Twitter here today.
74-year-old Hazare was shifted from Ralegan Siddhi to the hospital after medical examination which showed that he was suffering from a chest infection.
Hazare, who led the movement on Lokpal bill against the Union government had stirred controversy in April last year when he praised Modi for the work done in Gujarat and suggested that other chief ministers should emulate him.
However, Hazare did a u-turn on his visit to Gujarat on May 26 last year and criticised the state government over allegations of scams.
From Our Network
- Beijing sinking by up to 11cm annually, warns a satellite study
- Oh No! Shraddha Kapoor gets injured during 'Half Girlfriend' shooting
- India needs Rs 100 lakh cr for infrastructure: Arun Jaitley
- Hot climate is responsible for higher rates of aggression and violence, shows study
- Amancio Ortega, world’s second richest person, lost over Rs 4073 crore over Brexit