New Jersey, Feb 20: Whitney Houston was laid to rest at a private ceremony in New Jersey on Sunday.
Earlier the hearse with her coffin left the Whigham Funeral Home in Newark, followed by limousines carrying close family and friends.
Houston was buried at the cemetery in Westfield where her father was interred in 2003.
Crowds of onlookers gathered along the route to her gravesite as the police-escorted motorcade made its way to the cemetery.
Houston died on 11 February in Beverly Hills, California, on the eve of the Grammy music awards aged 48.
No cause of death has yet been determined.
From Our Network
- NSG standoff: Clouds of mistrust hovering over India-China relations
- Rahul Gandhi is in London with a ‘special friend’: Subramanian Swamy
- Bihar board topper Ruby Rai arrested after appearing for re-test
- Beijing sinking by up to 11cm annually, warns a satellite study
- Kejriwal has no IIT rank, he got in through 'other' methods: Subramanian Swamy