New Jersey, Feb 20: Whitney Houston was laid to rest at a private ceremony in New Jersey on Sunday.
Earlier the hearse with her coffin left the Whigham Funeral Home in Newark, followed by limousines carrying close family and friends.
Houston was buried at the cemetery in Westfield where her father was interred in 2003.
Crowds of onlookers gathered along the route to her gravesite as the police-escorted motorcade made its way to the cemetery.
Houston died on 11 February in Beverly Hills, California, on the eve of the Grammy music awards aged 48.
No cause of death has yet been determined.
From Our Network
- Does banned Pakistani cricketer Danish Kaneria seek asylum in India?
- AIB’s Tanmay Bhat mocks Tendulkar, Lata Mangeshkar in a disrespectful video; gets slammed by B-town celebs
- Wife’s dear hubby: Will Shahid Kapoor miss ‘Udta Punjab’ promotions because of pregnant Mira Rajput?
- Airstrikes kill 23 in Syria, Russia denies involvement
- Preity Zinta to get married to American boyfriend?