Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath and Civil Aviation Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia inaugurated the new terminal building of Kanpur Airport today (May 26). The new terminal has been constructed by the 'Airport Authority of India' at Chakeri's Mawaiya area. Until now, flights operated from the Air Force runway but recently flights to the national capital were stopped. Currently, flights to three cities, namely Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru are operating but with this new developement, Kanpur will be connected to 10 cities in the country.
Here is the full schedule
- CM Yogi will reach Chakeri Airport at 12:15 pm
- The Chief Minister will reach the venue at 12:20
- He will be present in the program from 12:20 to 1:35
- The CM will leave for Ghaziabad at 2:00 pm
- The Chief Minister will stay in Kanpur city for 1 hour 45 minutes
Special features of the new airport terminal building
- Airport Authority of India has built the new building
- The new terminal building of the airport has been built in 150 crores.
- The terminal has parking space for 3 aircraft at a time
- It can be extended for 6 airplanes at a time as per the need in future.
- The airport building has a seating capacity of 300 passengers on the departure side and 150 on the arrival side.
- There is a parking facility for 150 four-wheelers.
- The most important thing is that the terminal building is completely based on solar system
(With inputs from Gyanendra Shukla)
ASLO READ | PM Narendra Modi meets Australian singer Guy Sebastian; DYK singer has a Kanpur connection?
ALSO READ | Kanpur woman learning to drive crushes parked bikes by ramming car. Watch viral video