ZURICH : Croatia defender Josip Simunic has lost his appeal against a 10-match ban which forces him to miss the World Cup for leading fans in a pro-Nazi chant.
FIFA says its appeal panel upheld the original verdict imposed on Simunic in December.
Simunic can appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport before Croatia opens the World Cup against host Brazil on June 12.
The 36-year-old Australia-born player was expected to play at his third World Cup after Croatia beat Iceland in a playoff in November.
After winning 2-0 in the second leg in Zagreb, Simunic took a microphone on the pitch and invoked a World War II-era slogan used
by Croatia's fascist regime.
Croatia's Simunic loses World Cup ban appeal.
ZURICH : Croatia defender Josip Simunic has lost his appeal against a 10-match ban which forces him to miss the World Cup for leading fans in a pro-Nazi chant.FIFA says its appeal panel upheld the
Read all the Breaking News Live on indiatvnews.com and Get Latest English News & Updates from Sports and Soccer Section
Advertisement
Advertisement
-
Mikel Arteta fires warning shots at his competitors after dominant win in Community Shield final
-
Cristiano Ronaldo drops retirement bombshell, says 'probably my last year' of football
-
Premier League announce multiple changes to rules ahead of new season
-
'Going through pain': Inter Miami head coach gives crucial update on Lionel Messi's availability
-
Alejandro Garnacho explains reasons to join Aston Villa on loan after just one season at Chelsea
Top News
-
Maharashtra's Freedom of Religion Act to take effect on Aug 28: Here's what changes on conversion
-
Bihar students demand teacher job exam notice in 24 hours, threaten protest at minister's residence
-
Himachal govt plans to cut IAS, IFS, IPS posts; CM Sukhu says state has more officers than required
-
IND vs SL 1st Test, Day 4 LIVE SCORE: Sri Lanka's chase of 372 runs begin after rain break in Galle
Advertisement
Advertisement