Colombo, Jun 15: The Sri Lanka Premier League would go ahead as planned even without non participation of Indian players, Sri Lankan Cricket secretary said on Friday.
"We will go ahead with the tournament with or without Indian players," SLC secretary Nishantha Ranatunga told reporters.
Ranatunga, however, said that SLC had not been officially told that Indian players would not take part in SLPL.
Ranatunga was responding to Indian media reports which quoted BCCI officials as saying that the Indian players would not be taking part in SLPL due to a crammed schedule.
The SLPL is being scheduled for August ahead of the Twenty20 World Cup in Sri Lanka in September-October.
The SLPL was last year cancelled due to non-participation of the Indian players.