Cricket Australia upheld the bans imposed on Steve Smith, David Warner and Cameron Bancroft for their involvement in the ball-tampering scandal.
CA met on Monday to discuss the issue after the Australian Cricketers' Association (ACA) raised the issue of wavering the bans following the Ethics Centre review that blamed the 'win at all cost' attitude instilled in the players by the cricket board.
ACA president to Cricket Australia: Smith, Warner, Bancroft have been punished enough, let them play
With Steve Smith and David Warner absent, India have huge opportunity in Australia: Sachin Tendulkar
With Australian cricket in turmoil and India awaiting in the wings, it was believed that the trio could be handed some respite but that was not to be.
After a lengthy discussion between CA members and considering all the details put forward by the players union, it was decided that the sanctions imposed on the players last March after their actions in Newlands during the third Test versus South Africa, will stand.
Smith and Warner were handed one-year bans while Bancroft -- the chief offender -- was slapped with a nine-month suspension period. All of them accepted the punishment and didn't contest.
Interim chairman Earl Eddings said in a statement that no further calls on the matter will be considered by the Board.
"The Cricket Australia Board has carefully considered all elements of the ACA submission and has determined that it is not appropriate to make any changes to the sanctions handed down to the three players," Eddings said.
"Despite the absence of any recommendation regarding the sanctions in the recently released Ethics Centre Review, the Board has deliberated on the ACA's submission at length.
"We have reconsidered the sanctions as they apply to each of Steve, David and Cameron in light of the ACA's submission and the Ethics Centre Review and Recommendations.
"The original decision of the Board to sanction the players was determined after rigorous discussion and consideration.
"CA maintains that both the length and nature of the sanctions remain an appropriate response in light of the considerable impact on the reputation of Australian cricket, here and abroad.
"Steve, David and Cameron are working hard to demonstrate their commitment to cricket and have our continued support to ensure their pathway to return is as smooth as possible.
"We believe the ongoing conversation about reducing the sanctions puts undue pressure on the three players – all of whom accepted the sanctions earlier this year - and the Australian men's cricket team.
"As such, the Cricket Australia Board does not intend to consider further calls for amendments to the sanctions.
"Though we recognise that this decision will be disappointing for the ACA, we thank them for their submission.
"Our commitment to continue building a strong relationship between CA and the ACA in the interests of cricket in Australia remains and we look forward to meeting with them shortly to that end."
Few days back, the players union said that they will be relentless in their pursuit of the bans being removed and so that the trio can continue playing cricket at the top level.
Bancroft's ban ends on December 29 and he will be eligible to play the Big Bash League for Perth Scorchers while Smith and Warner won't be free before March 30 next year -- which is two days after the JLT Sheffield Shield Final –- the Australian summer's final scheduled match