1. You Are At:
  2. English News
  3. World News
  4. Thailand: 28-year-old man electrocuted while using smartphone plugged into charger

Thailand: 28-year-old man electrocuted while using smartphone plugged into charger

The mother of the Thai man said she tried to wake her son by yelling his name and poking him, but he did not respond. Police officers who arrived at the spot pronounced the man dead from suspected electric shock.

India TV News Desk India TV News Desk
New Delhi Updated on: December 04, 2019 7:11 IST
Thai man
Image Source : PTI PHOTO

Man from Thailand electrocuted while using smartphone 

A 28-year-old man in Thailand was electrocuted while using his smartphone that was plugged into a charger at his home. According to media reports, the man, identified as Kittisak Moonkitti was in his bedroom in Chonburi in western Thailand when his mother Rinnaporn Moonkitti, 57, called for him to assist in a household chore, but he failed to answer.

She went to his room and tried to poke him with a stick to wake him, but failed. The 28-year-old chef had burn marks on both his hands and forearms.

Investigators believe Kittisak accidentally electrocuted himself on Monday afternoon as he used his smartphone connected to a charger on the mains.

His mother Rinnaporn said she tried to wake her son by yelling his name and poking him, but he did not respond. Police officers who arrived at the spot pronounced the man dead from suspected electric shock.

The report quoted the distraught mother: "I came here to visit him but he stayed in his bedroom all the time. Even when I called out to him to help me clean. That's when I went to check him in his bedroom. I was worried that he was sick because he did not respond to any of my call and my nudges. Then I contacted the police right away."

Police said that their first thoughts were that Kittisak had been electrocuted. They cited reports from paramedics that identified burn marks on his right hand in which he held the phone.

The body will be sent for a post-mortem before the cause of death is confirmed, police said.

Also Read | In Delhi for shooting competition, boy gets electrocuted at OYO hotel

Also Read | Man electrocuted to death in Bihar

Write a comment

Bigg boss 13