The Al-Qaeda leader possessed a vast number of digital copies (and not printed editions) of books as varied as ‘Illuminati' by the famous Watergate scandal reporter Bob Woodward and US academic Noam Chomsky to ‘Is It the Heart You Are Asking?' by Dr. Islam Sobhi al-Mazeny (a suicide prevention guide).
The collection which seemed more like serious texts on International relations, politics and law, ranged widely from popular sciences magazines to popular guides of Islam.
One more thing that reflected an ordinary side of the world's most wanted, was a good number of manuals for computer programs, printers and virus protection software.
The man seemed to have a great interest in conspiracy theories, and that too not confined only to 9/11 incident. One of the tomes found in the hideout apart from ‘Illuminati' was ‘Committee of 300'.
There were several mainstream titles on international terrorism also apart from some US foreign policy reports.
One more title that stood out was Grappler's Guide to Sports Nutrition by John Berardi and Michael Fry. This has been listed by the US Government as “probably used by other compound residents”.
Apart from this, some other text books that are suspected to be belonged to other residents are – 2008 Guinness Book of World Records and Children's Edition, including the the suicide prevention guide mentioned earlier.
It also came out from the revelation that Laden had a particular interest in France as the man possessed a large number of books about the country on various subjects including culture, economics and wage inequality.
Osama, was killed by US Special Forces on 2nd May 2011 in a daring raid on a compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan.
The full list of English Language books found in his hideout, as mentioned in a BBC report are –
1. The 2030 Spike by Colin Mason
2. A Brief Guide to Understanding Islam by IA Ibrahim
3. America's Strategic Blunders by Willard Matthias
4. America's "War on Terrorism" by Michel Chossudovsky
5. Al-Qaeda's Online Media Strategies: From Abu Reuter to Irhabi 007 by Hanna Rogan
6. The Best Democracy Money Can Buy by Greg Palast
7. The Best Enemy Money Can Buy by Anthony Sutton
8. Black Box Voting, Ballot Tampering in the 21st Century by Bev Harris
9. Bloodlines of the Illuminati by Fritz Springmeier
10. Bounding the Global War on Terror by Jeffrey Record
11. Checking Iran's Nuclear Ambitions by Henry Sokolski and Patrick Clawson
12. Christianity and Islam in Spain 756-1031 A.D. by CR Haines
13. Civil Democratic Islam: Partners, Resources, and Strategies by Cheryl Benard
14. Confessions of an Economic Hit Man by John Perkins
15. Conspirators' Hierarchy: The Committee of 300 by John Coleman
16. Crossing the Rubicon by Michael Ruppert
17. Fortifying Pakistan: The Role of U.S. Internal Security Assistance (only the book's introduction) by C Christine Fair and Peter Chalk
18. Guerrilla Air Defense: Antiaircraft Weapons and Techniques for Guerrilla Forces by James Crabtree
19. Handbook of International Law by Anthony Aust
20. Hegemony or Survival: America's Quest for Global Dominance by Noam Chomsky
21. Imperial Hubris by Michael Scheuer
22. In Pursuit of Allah's Pleasure by Asim Abdul Maajid, Esaam Ud-Deen and Naahah Ibrahim
23. Killing Hope: U.S. Military and CIA Interventions since World War II by William Blum
24. Military Intelligence Blunders by John Hughes-Wilson
25. Project MKULTRA, the CIA's program of research in behavioral modification. Joint hearing before the Select Committee on Intelligence and the Subcommittee on Health and Scientific Research of the Committee on Human Resources, United States Senate, Ninety-fifth Congress, first session, August 3, 1977. United States. Congress. Senate. Select Committee on Intelligence.
26. Necessary Illusions: Thought Control in Democratic Societies by Noam Chomsky
27. New Pearl Harbor: Disturbing Questions about the Bush Administration and 9/11 by David Ray Griffin
28. New Political Religions, or Analysis of Modern Terrorism by Barry Cooper
29. Obama's Wars by Bob Woodward
30. Oxford History of Modern War by Charles Townsend
31. The Rise and Fall of the Great Powers by Paul Kennedy
32. Rogue State: A Guide to the World's Only Superpower by William Blum
33. The Secret Teachings of All Ages by Manly Hall (1928)
34. Secrets of the Federal Reserve by Eustace Mullins
35. The Taking of America 1-2-3 by Richard Sprague
36. Unfinished Business, U.S. Overseas Military Presence in the 21st Century by Michael O'Hanlon
37. The U.S. and Vietnam 1787-1941 by Robert Hopkins Miller
38. Website Claims Steve Jackson Games Foretold 9/11, article posted on ICV2.com (this file contained only a single saved web page)
The documents 'probably used by other compound residents'
39. Art Education: The Journal of National Art Education Association, "Islamic Art as an Educational Tool about the 40. Teaching of Islam" by Fayeq S Oweiss (March 2002)
41. Arabic Calligraphy Workshop by Fayeq S Oweiss
42. Published Work Sample from Fayeq S Oweiss (2004)
43. Resume for Fayeq S. Oweiss, PhD (2006)
44. Delta Force Extreme 2 Videogame Guide
45. Game Spot Videogame Guide
46. Grappler's Guide to Sports Nutrition by John Berardi and Michael Fry
47. Guinness Book of World Records Children's Edition 2008 (scans of several pages from)
48. Is It the Heart You Are Asking? by Dr. Islam Sobhi al-Mazeny (suicide prevention guide)
49. Silkscreening Instructions